WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionI was hit with a pretty strong virus.. please help EmptyI was hit with a pretty strong virus.. please help

more_horiz
hey guys,

I was hit with a pretty bad virus. It wouldn't let me open anything up on my computer. It kept routing me to their webpage to buy their virus product. I restarted my computer and opened in SAFE MODE with Networking. I ran my malwarebytes and got it under control.. BUT, now my internet explorer doesn't work for some reason at all (Firefox does) AND I can not update my malwarebytes. It says error 732 (0,0). I sent that to malware and they said it was a busy server and give it time. It has been 2 days and I still can't. Here is my log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41
Database version: 3145
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 (Safe Mode)

11/20/2009 6:50:06 PM
mbam-log-2009-11-20 (18-50-06).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 110087
Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 43 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 2
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\AvScan (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\frndmfis (Trojan.FakeAlert.N) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\frndmfis (Trojan.FakeAlert.N) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\Joey Jiggles\Local Settings\Application Data\biebqw\wghgsysguard.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert.N) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

descriptionI was hit with a pretty strong virus.. please help EmptyRe: I was hit with a pretty strong virus.. please help

more_horiz
Moderated Message:Moved from Software.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

I was hit with a pretty strong virus.. please help Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionI was hit with a pretty strong virus.. please help EmptyRe: I was hit with a pretty strong virus.. please help

more_horiz
bump

more_horiz
Remove the Proxy setting in Internet Explorer and/or in FireFox.

In Internet Explorer
  1. Tools Menu -> Internet Options -> Connections Tab ->Lan Settings > uncheck "use a proxy server" or reconfigure the Proxy server again in case you have set it previously.

In Firefox
  1. Tools Menu -> Options... -> Advanced Tab -> Network Tab -> "Settings" under Connection > Choose "No Proxy"
  2. Click the apply button and restart that computer in normal mode.

Can you update MBAM?

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
I was hit with a pretty strong virus.. please help DXwU4
I was hit with a pretty strong virus.. please help VvYDg

more_horiz
Thank you so much!

Everything works again!

You are amazing Belahzur!

more_horiz
Figures as much, this malware is setting proxy settings to stop tools updating, guess the author never learned about Koobface which is pretty much the same to this stuff, proxy + false alerts.

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
I was hit with a pretty strong virus.. please help DXwU4
I was hit with a pretty strong virus.. please help VvYDg

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum