WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMajor BIOS Issue Caused by Me- Netbook won't finish booting up EmptyMajor BIOS Issue Caused by Me- Netbook won't finish booting up

more_horiz
Please allow me to preface by saying I know I messed up and I will never mess with the BIOS again. That said, any help is appreciated. Thank you so much!

Hi, I tried to update my BIOS on my Acer AOA150 Netbook (I know, terrible idea, I wanted it to be updated in case I used a 9 cell battery). I downloaded the BIOS, version 3310, from http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_3310_A_AOA110%20&%20AOA150.zip?acerid=633850493862245097&Step1=Netbook&Step2=Aspire%20One&Step3=AOA150&OS=X01&LC=en&SC=PA_7

I clicked on one of the readme files and it said to click on one of the executable files included in the download and to then click "sure." Once I clicked sure, my computer immediately shut down. I tried to turn it on after only about 5 seconds. It simply will not start up completely but I *can* get to the F2 screen. If I choose not to go with the F2 option, the normal Windows XP flashing image will come up, except it flashes slightly slower than normal. Then, right before the screen can display my various accounts to start windows, the netbook completely shuts off. This is an Acer AOA 150 model netbook. I downloaded the BIOS that Acer's website said was for my computer.

Edit: No matter what, even if I am on the F2 screen, the computer will shut off approximately 20-30 seconds after being started up.

I fear that I may have tried to turn it on while the computer was still trying to flash the BIOS. Or, I just messed up from the start by trying to do it from Windows. Honestly, I don't really know what the problem is... my knowledge is limited. Therefore, I really, really appreciate the opportunity to post my issue here. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks again!

descriptionMajor BIOS Issue Caused by Me- Netbook won't finish booting up EmptyRe: Major BIOS Issue Caused by Me- Netbook won't finish booting up

more_horiz
Problem resolved using http://netbooks-us.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/133

Please disregard. Thank you so much to everyone!!!

descriptionMajor BIOS Issue Caused by Me- Netbook won't finish booting up EmptyRe: Major BIOS Issue Caused by Me- Netbook won't finish booting up

more_horiz
Glad you fȋxed it Cheesy Grin (sparkly

............................................................................................

Main System Spec: Intel Quad Q9550 (OC to 3.4Ghz), Gigabyte Ga-ep45-ud3l, 4gb kingston hyperX @ 1066mhz, Corsair tx 650, Nvidia 8600GT.

Major BIOS Issue Caused by Me- Netbook won't finish booting up Siggye

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum