WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCan't access XP Pro Help and Support EmptyCan't access XP Pro Help and Support

more_horiz
I recently did an XP repair install and now when I click Start / Help and Support or Windows Catalog nothing happens

I click Start / Windows Update I get this message: The request lookup key was not found in any active activation contex

I did the repair install but on the final reboot it just hung, showed the xp logo and said please wait - the cursor was "hourglassed" forever so I pulled the power and rebooted again and this time everything appeared to be working but something just is not quite right.

I am virus / malware free thanks to Belahzur's help but now am having XP and other program issues since the repair install.

Also when I click on the IE icon it gives me a rundll32.exe Ordinal Not Found - The Ordinal 237 could not be located in the dynamic link library IEFRAME.dll
I initally had IE 8 installed, the I think the repair installed IE 6 nothing worked so then I installed IE7 I think it got a little messy

No problem booting in Windows or Safemode w/networking.

Could use a little help - Thank you in advance

Last edited by meangreenweenie on 9th October 2009, 3:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Left out a sentence)

descriptionCan't access XP Pro Help and Support EmptyRe: Can't access XP Pro Help and Support

more_horiz
[quote="meangreenweenie"]I recently did an XP repair install and now when I click Start / Help and Support or Windows Catalog nothing happens

I click Start / Windows Update I get this message: The request lookup key was not found in any active activation contex

I did the repair install but on the final reboot it just hung, showed the xp logo and said please wait - the cursor was "hourglassed" forever so I pulled the power and rebooted again and this time everything appeared to be working but something just is not quite right.

I think there is a conflict - I installed IE8 before the repair but my machine shows i'm running IE6

I am virus / malware free thanks to Belahzur's help but now am having XP and other program issues since the repair install.

No problem booting in Windows or Safemode w/networking.

Could use a little help - Thank you in advance

descriptionCan't access XP Pro Help and Support EmptyRe: Can't access XP Pro Help and Support

more_horiz
bump

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum