WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCan not activate Windows Vista on my laptopp EmptyCan not activate Windows Vista on my laptopp

more_horiz
I had my laptop's HDD replaced over spring break and when I got it back I had to reactivate vista. No problem i thought and then it gives me an error:

https://2img.net/h/i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/_dark_fire_/windowsvista.jpg

I am unable to update windows defender and whenever I login to my account I have activate windows vista or exit. (i founda workaround by just letting tht time run out it lets me login)

I'll be damned if I have to buy another key. My vista came with my laptop so I know it's legit. it worked fine before the HDD crashed.

descriptionCan not activate Windows Vista on my laptopp EmptyRe: Can not activate Windows Vista on my laptopp

more_horiz
Hello, if your laptop came with Vista pre installed, then it is an OEM. I believe there is some data on the original HDD which recognises that it can from the company and has the key on it.

How to solve, I'll leave the to a tech staff

............................................................................................

descriptionCan not activate Windows Vista on my laptopp EmptyRe: Can not activate Windows Vista on my laptopp

more_horiz
Yeah, it's an OEM, and I'm using the right key. I'm thinking the idiots at geeksquad messed something up.

more_horiz
Hello, here is a few things you can try

Method 1: Re-insert the product key by using the "Change product key" tool
To re-insert the product key, follow these steps:

Click Start, click Computer, and then click System properties on the toolbar.

In the Windows activation section, click Change product key.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

In the Product key box, type the product key, and then click Next.

Follow the steps in the Windows Activation Wizard to complete the activation process.

If these steps do not resolve this issue, continue to Method 2.
Method 2: Restore your computer to an earlier date and retry the Activation process
To restore the operating system to an earlier time, follow these steps:

Click Start, type system restore in the Start Search box, and then click System Restore in the Programs list.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
In the System Restore dialog box, click Next.
In the list of restore points, click a restore point that was created at least oneweek before the current date, and then click Next.

Note If you do not find a restore point that is at least one week old, select the earliest restore point that is available.
Click Finish.
The computer restarts. The system files and settings are returned to the state that they were in when the restore point was created.

Note If you have no previous restore points, or if restoring to a previous restore point does not resolve the issue, continue to Method 3.
Method 3: Activate Windows Vista by using the automated telephone system
To activate Windows Vista by telephone, you must use an automated telephone system.

To activate Windows Vista by using the automated telephone system, follow these steps:

Click Start, and then click Computer .

Click System properties on the toolbar, and then Click here to activate Windows now in the Windows activation section.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

Click Show me other ways to Activate.

Click Use the automated phone system, and then follow the instructions.

............................................................................................

Main System Spec: Intel Quad Q9550 (OC to 3.4Ghz), Gigabyte Ga-ep45-ud3l, 4gb kingston hyperX @ 1066mhz, Corsair tx 650, Nvidia 8600GT.

Can not activate Windows Vista on my laptopp Siggye

more_horiz
https://2img.net/h/i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/_dark_fire_/vistaerror.jpg

I dont' get any other option and i can't restore.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum