WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHP Pavilion Wireless Keyboard Problem EmptyHP Pavilion Wireless Keyboard Problem

more_horiz
My HP wireless keyboard has 3 keys that operate sound functions,mute on/off,increase volume,decrease volume.All 3 have suddenly decided to cease operating.The sound levels can still be operated with the cursor but the 3 keys are inoperable although they still give the display on screen showing their function when i press them,however nothing happens. HP advised me to upgrade the drivers which i did,with no success,then sent me a new mouse and keyboard.The problem still persists and i was wondering if i have done something inadvertently by pressing combinations of keys or something.Please help.

descriptionHP Pavilion Wireless Keyboard Problem EmptyRe: HP Pavilion Wireless Keyboard Problem

more_horiz
Hello,

Did it come with a CD with the driver on? or an additional program which installs onto your PC?
Do you know the model number and other specifications?
My advice would be to uninstall the driver, and any programs which can with it from the CD. Restart the PC and try installing the drivers and such again. If you can, changing the USB slot used might also help.

Since it's only the extra keys which do not work, I believe it will either be because of a driver or software related to it.

However, more information would help before you do anything.

Thank you.

............................................................................................

descriptionHP Pavilion Wireless Keyboard Problem EmptyRe: HP Pavilion Wireless Keyboard Problem

more_horiz
Thank you.My pc is a HP pavilion s3624UK. Wireless keyboard /mouse came as part of the bundle and is HP-5070-3759. I bought it without any installation cd and from what i remember all i had to do was to plug in the wireless usb and the kb & mouse worked. I have not attached any new hardware recently but there are some new software games that i've installed.Hope this is of some use.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum