WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionOpen program with...HELP! EmptyOpen program with...HELP!

more_horiz
This is kinda long and alot of questions are posed... hopefully someone can help me Smile...

OK, so I was having a problem with opening files on my computer. I woke up one morning and all my icons were highlighted black. When I would click them a black box would pop up and inside it would say "program to big to fit into memory."

So after much researching and trial and error I was able to get that to go away. I ran prompt C:\\windows\system 32. I then found the file desot.exe and deleted it as I was told that was the virus causing all my problems.

The black boxes are gone and I can now access my files... kinda....

Now when I attempt to open a file a new box comes up and says "What program would you like to use to open your file." It gives me choices such as adobe, notebook, etc... I can also browse or find a file from the web....

Anyway I can return my computer to normal running status? Also, When I was having the "black box" problem I found a way to run my Macafee.. I also ran it after the virus was removed from my computer, however, both times I ran the scan it came back as no virus' found... Anyone know a better virus scanner (free) that I can use that will actually FIND the virus' hidden on my comp???

Thanks for your help in advance!

descriptionOpen program with...HELP! EmptyRe: Open program with...HELP!

more_horiz
Hello,

You stated in your post here you 'had' the problem, do you still have the same problem?

http://www.geekpolice.net/operating-systems-f20/cant-open-any-programs-t13170.htm#86890

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Open program with...HELP! Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
I am no longer having the black box "program to big to fit in memory problem"

I have new problems now that I believe are a result of the old one...

Now when I attempt to open a file a new box comes up and says "What program would you like to use to open your file." It gives me choices such as adobe, notebook, etc... I can also browse or find a file from the web....

Anyway I can return my computer to normal running status? Also, When I was having the "black box" problem I found a way to run my Macafee.. I also ran it after the virus was removed from my computer, however, both times I ran the scan it came back as no virus' found... Anyone know a better virus scanner (free) that I can use that will actually FIND the virus' hidden on my comp???

more_horiz
Hello.
Please create a topic in the malware removal area, I'll help you fix this.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Open program with...HELP! DXwU4
Open program with...HELP! VvYDg

more_horiz
Ok, just did it

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum