WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionFake virus alert Please help EmptyFake virus alert Please help

more_horiz
Forgive me for not searching this topic before posting my problem. I have to use the public library as my computer is on it's death bed and I have very limited time to do so.
I have fallen victim to the fake Microsoft virus pop-up. Out of frustration, I believe I accidentally downloaded the program. Now, after trying every back door remedy I coud think of with the help of my "computer expert" brother in law, I am worried what may be the result. My brother in law remotely controlled my computer and he was not optimistic. It seems the program has put a boot on any possibile resolution and we cannot get any pages to load that would help. I cannot get a malwarebytes download to open. I can't system restore or operate in safemode without being stopped. I don't want to take the computer in to a shop either. I'm wondering if removing windows XP and reinstalling with a disk would be the best move, but will I lose pictures, music, saved favorites pages, etc? At least the screen has not gone blank and we can access some areas, but not the ones that would help. Excuse me, while I wipe my tears. Looking forward to your expert advice.

descriptionFake virus alert Please help EmptyRe: Fake virus alert Please help

more_horiz
Hello,

Are yo able to post a HijackThis log? http://www.geekpolice.net/-t3821.htm

more_horiz
Hi,

No, it will not permit me online at this point. The creen stays white. Should I get a boot up antivirus disk? Or maybe re install windows xp? But, please tell me if I will lose downloaded pictures, too.

Thanks

more_horiz
Try this first:

Please download this file: Avira Rescue Disc

1. Insert a black CD into your CD draw.
  2. Double click the rescuecd.exe file on your Desktop.
  3. Hit the "Burn CD" button and allow it to burn, it shouldn't take too long.
  4. Next, reboot your computer, keep the CD inside the draw.
  5. Your computer should boot from the CD and boot to the Avira rescue disc.
  6. Next, see this guide here: How to use the boot disc
Let me know how it goes.

more_horiz
Hi,
Do you want me to try and download the avira rescue program first and then do
steps 1-6 or just do steps 1-6 on a blank cd? I'm just wondering how it's going to download and not freeze up. As you can guess, I am not on my own problematic computer.
thanks again,

more_horiz
Are you using the infected computer right now?

more_horiz
No, I am at the library. My computer has a boot on everything I try to do now.

more_horiz
Yes you have to download it first, then burn it onto a cd, it should work as its a bootable CD and you dont need to be on your desktop to be able to use it.

more_horiz
Ok, so if I find a different computer and burn avira rescue on a disc, then I can put it in my infected computer drive. After that, I should follow your steps. then what, if it works? Should I run malwarebytes and other programs like free-av.com?

i wonder if they will allow me to burn it at the library.

Thanks

more_horiz
have to leave library for now. will try to check back soon and get started on saving my comp.

more_horiz
Hi, I am able to get on my infected computer under a different log in name. I'm experiencing no pop-ups. But I cannot open and run the downloaded malwarebytes or avira rescue. It says I do not have a burner, when in fact I do(part of the boot infection???)

Can I burn malwarebytes to a blank disc too and run it in the drive? Am I allowing more and more damage to occur since I'm using my infected computer, which may cause it to go black?

What should do to get these programs installed and running? Thanks!

more_horiz
Can you get on the infected user via safe mode?

more_horiz
No, it did a day ago, but now it won't . Plus, when it did go to safe mode with the infected user, I couldn't do anything without being blocked. ( I sure would like to know who is responsible for this).

I burned Avira Cd on a different computer. I can't get my computer to boot with it. There's got to be a way around this. Maybe renaming .exe.s. I get the black window with desot or something like dvmb after everything I try to do that would help my computer. It also does about 10 black boxes like that with start up. Also, sometimes a black box will say "this program is too large to load" or something to that effect.

Is it safe to use passwords and different acct info with an infected computer?

If I were to purchase malwarebytes- would that be able to run and fix everything? Anything I download will not save to desk top and will not run.

I wish you all did remote repairs, like what my broinlaw tried to do. Open to your next suggestion!

more_horiz
Hi,
Still here. Have lots of q's. I hope someone can answer my previous questions in my posts. Plus, can someone tell me how it is possible for me to operate my computer(albeit with a few problems) in a different login name. Sometimes my pages get misdirected elsewhere and I cannot check on my system or run anything that I've downloaded, but here I am "using" my infected computer. Also, is there a way to find out what page I went to which caused me to download this malware, Trojans, and worms. Another thing, the first day I got all this trouble, my page was rerouted(in my login) to an Oriental page. I'm going to need to know the best security measures after all this is fixed because as I understand you cannot use more than one antiviral program and one anti-malware. I have McAfee now. I'm guessing malwarebytes is the best for malware. Also, those black boxes with desot.exe, etc, pop up and block anything I try to do that would clean my computer. Please bare in mind that I cannot do anything with Hijack or systemlook, or anything- and I am not as computer savvy as most of you. Thanks again!

more_horiz
Hello.
If the infected user does not work, one quick fix would be remove that user profile is there is nothing that you would lose.

If that's not an option, we can still keep trying, let me know.

more_horiz
Hi,

Well, what would be the worst results of removing my log in. I have lots of saved favorites and other things downloaded. Can you tell me why this different login works? Although, it will not let me do anything like run malwarebytes, etc, etc. in this working "user" login- so it will still be infected. That's why I don't understand why it works. Also, are my passwords safe? Like for banking, ebay, email? Thanks again for answering any and all questions I have posted.

more_horiz
Hello.
Passwords should be safe on the working user since it's not infected. Although, I can't be sure of that.

Removing the profile would be the quick way round, it was only a suggestion though. If you have too much to lose, then we wont do it that way.

more_horiz
Ok. I'm eager for the next step. Also, just to let you know, I am getting re-routed to other websites with the "good" user login... funny thing is, Geekpolice does not get intercepted for some reason.

Can I delete something in Task Manager? What is LogMeIn.exe? Just remember- I can't run anything I've downloaded while infected right now.

more_horiz
Hello.
Logmein.exe is part of Hamachi client, I'm betting that user profile has Hamachi installed?

Without logs though, I can't tell you what to do really, I can't see what's going on.
Can you get on the infected profile yet?

more_horiz
I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do. I don't understand how other posters on this site are able to download and run suggested programs(HJT, Malwarebytres, etc). Everything I do gets blocked or says access denied. I can't even end something in Task Mgr.

I would love to have a Mod access my computer remotely. All exe's are blocked

more_horiz
I didn't say I'd given up yet, I'll keep going until I find something that works, just stay with me.

Please download SystemLook from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop.
Download Mirror #1
Download Mirror #2

• Double-click SystemLook.exe to run it.
  • Copy the content of the following codebox into the main textfield:

Code:

:filefind
    scecli.dll
    netlogon.dll
    eventlog.dll
    cngaudit.dll

• Click the Look button to start the scan.
  • When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. Please post this log in your next reply.
Note: The log can also be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt

more_horiz
What is the sneaky way to get systemlook to run? It gets blocked by a black window exe.

PS. The date and time for Geekpolice is a bit off on the site.

more_horiz
Yeah, we know about it. The forum time is set to the administator time zone, which is GMT+8.

Does the black window say "too big to fit in memory" or something about desot.exe?

more_horiz
Like Jon n Kate? Just playing around. Geek Mountain Time.

Yes, that's the black window. Looking forward.
Thanks

more_horiz
Please delete this file in red:
C:\Windows\system32\desot.exe

Next, download this file.

Download it to your Desktop.
Double click it to run it; select yes to the registry merge prompt.

Now try running SystemLook.

more_horiz
I tried to delete it- "Access Denied"
I tried to rename it-"Access Denied"
381 KB pure Malice

more_horiz
ogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:57:45 PM, on 9/2/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\nana\My Documents\winlogon.scr
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com/?fr=fp-yie8
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://bfc.myway.com/search/de_srchlft.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ycomp/defaults/sp/*http://www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo!
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {4D25F926-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - C:\Program Files\MyWaySA\SrchAsDe\1.bin\deSrcAs.dll
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn2\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4D25F921-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - C:\Program Files\MyWaySA\SrchAsDe\1.bin\deSrcAs.dll
O2 - BHO: XML module - {500BCA15-57A7-4eaf-8143-8C619470B13D} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msxml71.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: isoHunt-Vuze Toolbar - {6c3a1de1-94ca-4ad6-acdf-c1324adc487b} - C:\Program Files\Isohunt-vuze\tbIso0.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {724d43a9-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\roboform.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: ICQSys (IE PlugIn) - {76DC0B63-1533-4ba9-8BE8-D59EB676FA02} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dddesot.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\scriptsn.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.2.4204.1700\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch - {C84D72FE-E17D-4195-BB24-76C02E2E7C4E} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_B7C5AC242193BB3E.dll
O2 - BHO: SingleInstance Class - {FDAD4DA1-61A2-4FD8-9C17-86F7AC245081} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn2\YTSingleInstance.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn2\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &RoboForm - {724d43a0-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\roboform.dll
O3 - Toolbar: isoHunt-Vuze Toolbar - {6c3a1de1-94ca-4ad6-acdf-c1324adc487b} - C:\Program Files\Isohunt-vuze\tbIso0.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelMeM] C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] "C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell Photo AIO Printer 922] "C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 922\dlbtbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxhkcmd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MimBoot] C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~3\mimboot.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dscactivate] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\gs_agent\custom\dsca.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DellSupportCenter] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P DellSupportCenter
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mcagent_exe] "C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe" /runkey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ArcSoft Connection Service] C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACDaemon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [net] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\net.net"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfee Backup] C:\Program Files\McAfee\MBK\McAfeeDataBackup.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogMeIn GUI] "C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeInSystray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UserFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -u
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] "C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [RoboForm] "C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboTaskBarIcon.exe" (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [RoboForm] "C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboTaskBarIcon.exe" (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Fill Forms - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F46} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComFillForms.html
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Fill Forms - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F46} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComFillForms.html
O9 - Extra button: Save - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F49} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComSavePass.html
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Save Forms - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F49} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComSavePass.html
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: ComcastHSI - {669B269B-0D4E-41FB-A3D8-FD67CA94F646} - http://www.comcast.net/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: RoboForm - {724d43aa-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: RoboForm Toolbar - {724d43aa-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html
O9 - Extra button: Support - {8828075D-D097-4055-AA02-2DBFA9D85E8A} - http://www.comcastsupport.com/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Help - {97809617-3937-4F84-B335-9BB05EF1A8D4} - http://online.comcast.net/help/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: MUSICMATCH MX Web Player - {d81ca86b-ef63-42af-bee3-4502d9a03c2d} - http://wwws.musicmatch.com/mmz/openWebRadio.html (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=39204
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsctl/en-us/4,0,0,90/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1143337273140
O16 - DPF: {77E32299-629F-43C6-AB77-6A1E6D7663F6} (Groove Control) - http://www.nick.com/common/groove/gx/GrooveAX27.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcgdmgr/en-us/1,0,0,23/mcgdmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {D4323BF2-006A-4440-A2F5-27E3E7AB25F8} (Virtools WebPlayer Class) - http://a532.g.akamai.net/f/532/6712/5m/virtools.download.akamai.com/6712/player/install/installer.exe
O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
O23 - Service: ArcSoft Connect Daemon (ACDaemon) - ArcSoft Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
O23 - Service: AntipyProex (AntipPro2009_100) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\svchast.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: CopySafe Helper Service (CSHelper) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CSHelper.exe
O23 - Service: dlbt_device - Dell - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dlbtcoms.exe
O23 - Service: DSBrokerService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\DellSupport\brkrsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: LogMeIn Maintenance Service (LMIMaint) - LogMeIn, Inc. - C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\RaMaint.exe
O23 - Service: LogMeIn - LogMeIn, Inc. - C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeIn.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Proxy Service (McProxy) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: SupportSoft Sprocket Service (dellsupportcenter) (sprtsvc_dellsupportcenter) - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Yahoo! Updater (YahooAUService) - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe

--
End of file - 12973 bytes

I tried this so many times and different ways for hours and hours and finally.... I hope it's a good log

more_horiz
Hello.

• Open HijackThis
  • Choose "Do a system scan only"
  • Check the boxes in front of these lines:

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {4D25F926-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - C:\Program Files\MyWaySA\SrchAsDe\1.bin\deSrcAs.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4D25F921-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - C:\Program Files\MyWaySA\SrchAsDe\1.bin\deSrcAs.dll
    O2 - BHO: XML module - {500BCA15-57A7-4eaf-8143-8C619470B13D} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\msxml71.dll
    O2 - BHO: isoHunt-Vuze Toolbar - {6c3a1de1-94ca-4ad6-acdf-c1324adc487b} - C:\Program Files\Isohunt-vuze\tbIso0.dll
    O2 - BHO: ICQSys (IE PlugIn) - {76DC0B63-1533-4ba9-8BE8-D59EB676FA02} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dddesot.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: isoHunt-Vuze Toolbar - {6c3a1de1-94ca-4ad6-acdf-c1324adc487b} - C:\Program Files\Isohunt-vuze\tbIso0.dll
    O23 - Service: AntipyProex (AntipPro2009_100) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\svchast.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: CopySafe Helper Service (CSHelper) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CSHelper.exe

• Press "Fix Checked"
  • Close Hijack This.

Please download and run this tool.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

Post the contents of the MBAM Log.

more_horiz
For some reason, HJT can't fix the 10 items. It also says that since I saved it to a temp. folder, I should copy it elswhere. Plus, it says I need to fix highjack items myself by saving files as 'hosts'...which I don't quite understand. So, a couple pop up windows occur when I run the scan and logfile. Here is a current logfile as can be noted, the 10 items are still there...unless they are saved as backups? If that's the case, shouldn't they be deleted?
Thanks again

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 5:37:03 PM, on 9/3/2009

Running processes:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com/?fr=fp-yie8
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://bfc.myway.com/search/de_srchlft.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ycomp/defaults/sp/*http://www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo!
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn2\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {724d43a9-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\roboform.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\scriptsn.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.2.4204.1700\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch - {C84D72FE-E17D-4195-BB24-76C02E2E7C4E} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_B7C5AC242193BB3E.dll
O2 - BHO: SingleInstance Class - {FDAD4DA1-61A2-4FD8-9C17-86F7AC245081} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn2\YTSingleInstance.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn2\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &RoboForm - {724d43a0-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\roboform.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelMeM] C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] "C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell Photo AIO Printer 922] "C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 922\dlbtbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dscactivate] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\gs_agent\custom\dsca.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DellSupportCenter] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P DellSupportCenter
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mcagent_exe] "C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe" /runkey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ArcSoft Connection Service] C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACDaemon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfee Backup] C:\Program Files\McAfee\MBK\McAfeeDataBackup.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogMeIn GUI] "C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeInSystray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] "C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [RoboForm] "C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboTaskBarIcon.exe" (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [RoboForm] "C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboTaskBarIcon.exe" (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Fill Forms - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F46} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComFillForms.html
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Fill Forms - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F46} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComFillForms.html
O9 - Extra button: Save - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F49} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComSavePass.html
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Save Forms - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F49} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComSavePass.html
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: ComcastHSI - {669B269B-0D4E-41FB-A3D8-FD67CA94F646} - http://www.comcast.net/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: RoboForm - {724d43aa-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: RoboForm Toolbar - {724d43aa-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html
O9 - Extra button: Support - {8828075D-D097-4055-AA02-2DBFA9D85E8A} - http://www.comcastsupport.com/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Help - {97809617-3937-4F84-B335-9BB05EF1A8D4} - http://online.comcast.net/help/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: MUSICMATCH MX Web Player - {d81ca86b-ef63-42af-bee3-4502d9a03c2d} - http://wwws.musicmatch.com/mmz/openWebRadio.html (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=39204
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsctl/en-us/4,0,0,90/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1143337273140
O16 - DPF: {77E32299-629F-43C6-AB77-6A1E6D7663F6} (Groove Control) - http://www.nick.com/common/groove/gx/GrooveAX27.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcgdmgr/en-us/1,0,0,23/mcgdmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {D4323BF2-006A-4440-A2F5-27E3E7AB25F8} (Virtools WebPlayer Class) - http://a532.g.akamai.net/f/532/6712/5m/virtools.download.akamai.com/6712/player/install/installer.exe
O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
O23 - Service: ArcSoft Connect Daemon (ACDaemon) - ArcSoft Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
O23 - Service: DSBrokerService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\DellSupport\brkrsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: LogMeIn Maintenance Service (LMIMaint) - LogMeIn, Inc. - C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\RaMaint.exe
O23 - Service: LogMeIn - LogMeIn, Inc. - C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeIn.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Proxy Service (McProxy) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: SupportSoft Sprocket Service (dellsupportcenter) (sprtsvc_dellsupportcenter) - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Yahoo! Updater (YahooAUService) - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe

--
End of file - 12923 bytes

more_horiz
Hello.
Can you try running MBAM anyway? we'll see about those items later.

more_horiz
Hi, Yes I've been trying that every day, including today, with no luck. Sometimes I get that I need to be the Administrator to access, which I've tried, too. I have tried everything I've been asked to since the beginning of this post.
Thanks

more_horiz
1. If you are using Firefox, make sure that your download settings are as follows:

* Tools->Options->Main tab
* Set to "Always ask me where to Save the files".

2. During the download, rename Combofix to svchost as follows:

Fake virus alert Please help CF_download_FF

Fake virus alert Please help 2aflf5z

3. It is important you rename Combofix during the download, but not after.
4. Please do not rename Combofix to other names, but only to the one indicated.
5. Close any open browsers.
6. We need to disable your local AV (Anti-virus) before running Combofix.

• See HERE for how to disable your AV.
  • Double click on svchost.exe.
  • Follow the prompts. NOTE:
  • Allow combofix to run
  • Post C:\combofix.txt back here.

Note:
    Do not mouse click combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

more_horiz
Hi,
Evil Desot knows all the tricks. Can't get into McAfee nor run Combofix as svchost.exe. Every single thing I do that has anything to do with fixing my desktop gets blocked by that black window. Hope you've got more up your sleeve!

more_horiz
Please delete this file in red:
C:\Windows\system32\desot.exe

Next, download this file.

Download it to your Desktop.
Double click it to run it; select yes to the registry merge prompt.

more_horiz
Hi,
You are one busy Moderator(including Origin and the rest) and I don't know how you keep up with all the posts. I certainly appreciate all your time and energy.

This was suggested to me earlier and I had no luck-Desot wears a protective shield. But, is Desot invincible? Should I just figure out how to remove windows and re-install? Keep in mind I am using the infected computer in an already established log-in name that somehow is only minimally infected. My log-in is extremely infected and I have a lot to lose.
Thx!

more_horiz
Desot wouldn't delete?

1. Please download The Avenger by Swandog46 to your Desktop
Link: HERE

• Click on Avenger.zip to open the file
  • Extract avenger.exe to your desktop
2. Copy all the text contained in the code box below to your Clipboard by highlighting it and pressing (Ctrl+C):

Files to delete:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\desot.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\desote.exe

Note: the above code was created specifically for this user. If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.

3. Now, start The Avenger program by clicking on its icon on your desktop.

• Under "Input script here:", paste in the script from the quote box above.
  • Leave the ticked box "Scan for rootkit" ticked.
  • Then tick "Disable any rootkits found"
  • Now click on the Execute to begin execution of the script.
  • Answer "Yes" twice when prompted.

The Avenger will automatically do the following:

• It will Restart your computer.
  • On reboot, it will briefly open a black command window on your desktop, this is normal.
  • After the restart, it creates a log file that should open with the results of Avenger’s actions. This log file will be located at C:\avenger.txt
  • The Avenger will also have backed up all the files, etc., that you asked it to delete, and will have zipped them and moved the zip archives to C:\avenger\backup.zip.
4. Please copy/paste the content of c:\avenger.txt into your reply.

more_horiz
Ok. It let me download and open it, but I got several errors on Execution;

can't open fileC:\dbcybk.txt error 5 access denied
then
error could not open script file aborting execution error 6 handle is invalid
then
error can't open file C:\avenger.txt

Did I do something incorrectly?

update: I just got rid of desot by logging into my log-in name that's infected and doing a systems32 folder search. I rebooted and checked to see if it was still gone in both log-in users -it is gone.

So now, when I try to run anything like MWB, a screen pops up asking what I want to run it in..which I assumed IE. No luck. Tried other choices with no luck. Maybe I'll try a logfile so you can have a look.

Last edited by anytimeshoppe on 5th September 2009, 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update, trying not to bump)

more_horiz
Are you getting any Open with Window ???

If iam correct, when you click on any application, you will be getting a box which will ask you to choose some application to Open with. Correct ?

more_horiz
Right, like Adobe, IE, arcsoft, etc. I have never encountered that screen before when trying to run something.

more_horiz
Download the registry patch from the below link.

http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/2759718_hoehq/ExeErrorFix.reg

After downloading, double click it. You will be followed with 2 prompts. Just click YES & YES again. SO that the registry key will be merged in.

Then try opening any applications, It should open with out any errors.

more_horiz
Hi,
Ok. Metalmusk, you fixed the registry problem. I made a logfile and can see that items are still on there that probably shouldn't.

Also, the windows antivirus pro pops up occasionally and I removed it from add/remove programs.

I see the desktop icon for MWB, but I can't be sure I used it effectively or that it worked or that it is really completely downloaded. I have made a HJT logfile and am trying to do a systemlook. What would I need to do next? Also, I would like to download free-av, as you have recommended.
I think my McAfee is corrupted.
Here is HJT
Scan saved at 8:50:37 PM, on 9/5/2009

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 922\dlbtbmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACDaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeInSystray.exe
C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 922\dlbtbmon.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LMIGuardian.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfee Backup] "C:\Program Files\McAfee\MBK\McAfeeDataBackup.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware] C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe /install /silent

--
End of file - 13648 bytes

more_horiz
I got a log for syslook, but I see I ran it in the other user, not mine that I would normally be using. Should I run it in my ser log-in?

SystemLook v1.0 by jpshortstuff (29.08.09)
Log created at 21:15 on 05/09/2009 by nana (Limited User)

========== filefind ==========

Searching for "scecli.dll"
C:\I386\SCECLI.DLL --a--- 180224 bytes [14:15 24/01/2005] [11:00 04/08/2004] 0F78E27F563F2AAF74B91A49E2ABF19A
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\scecli.dll ------ 181248 bytes [00:53 27/09/2008] [00:12 14/04/2008] A86BB5E61BF3E39B62AB4C7E7085A084
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\scecli.dll --a--- 181248 bytes [11:00 04/08/2004] [00:12 14/04/2008] A86BB5E61BF3E39B62AB4C7E7085A084

Searching for "netlogon.dll"
C:\I386\NETLOGON.DLL --a--- 407040 bytes [14:12 24/01/2005] [11:00 04/08/2004] 96353FCECBA774BB8DA74A1C6507015A
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\netlogon.dll ------ 407040 bytes [00:52 27/09/2008] [00:12 14/04/2008] 1B7F071C51B77C272875C3A23E1E4550
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\netlogon.dll --a--- 407040 bytes [11:00 04/08/2004] [00:12 14/04/2008] 1B7F071C51B77C272875C3A23E1E4550

Searching for "eventlog.dll"
C:\I386\EVENTLOG.DLL --a--- 55808 bytes [14:10 24/01/2005] [11:00 04/08/2004] 82B24CB70E5944E6E34662205A2A5B78
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\eventlog.dll ------ 56320 bytes [00:52 27/09/2008] [00:11 14/04/2008] 6D4FEB43EE538FC5428CC7F0565AA656
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\eventlog.dll --a--- 56320 bytes [11:00 04/08/2004] [00:11 14/04/2008] 6D4FEB43EE538FC5428CC7F0565AA656

Searching for "cngaudit.dll"
No files found.

-=End Of File=-

Here it is for My user log in. It's a few lines longer so I'm posting it, too. Thanks! PS. Windows Antivirus Pro does pop up in this user even though I deleted it.

C:\I386\SCECLI.DLL --a--- 180224 bytes [14:15 24/01/2005] [11:00 04/08/2004]

0F78E27F563F2AAF74B91A49E2ABF19A
C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\scecli.dll -----c 180224 bytes [15:27 29/01/2009]

[11:00 04/08/2004] 0F78E27F563F2AAF74B91A49E2ABF19A
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\scecli.dll ------ 181248 bytes [00:53 27/09/2008]

[00:12 14/04/2008] A86BB5E61BF3E39B62AB4C7E7085A084
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\scecli.dll --a--- 181248 bytes [11:00 04/08/2004] [00:12

14/04/2008] A86BB5E61BF3E39B62AB4C7E7085A084

C:\I386\NETLOGON.DLL --a--- 407040 bytes [14:12 24/01/2005] [11:00 04/08/2004]

96353FCECBA774BB8DA74A1C6507015A
C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\netlogon.dll -----c 407040 bytes [15:27

29/01/2009] [11:00 04/08/2004] 96353FCECBA774BB8DA74A1C6507015A
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\netlogon.dll ------ 407040 bytes [00:52 27/09/2008]

[00:12 14/04/2008] 1B7F071C51B77C272875C3A23E1E4550
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\netlogon.dll --a--- 407040 bytes [11:00 04/08/2004]

[00:12 14/04/2008] 1B7F071C51B77C272875C3A23E1E4550

C:\I386\EVENTLOG.DLL --a--- 55808 bytes [14:10 24/01/2005] [11:00 04/08/2004]

82B24CB70E5944E6E34662205A2A5B78
C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\eventlog.dll -----c 55808 bytes [15:27

29/01/2009] [11:00 04/08/2004] 82B24CB70E5944E6E34662205A2A5B78
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\eventlog.dll ------ 56320 bytes [00:52 27/09/2008]

[00:11 14/04/2008] 6D4FEB43EE538FC5428CC7F0565AA656
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\eventlog.dll --a--- 56320 bytes [11:00 04/08/2004]

[00:11 14/04/2008] 6D4FEB43EE538FC5428CC7F0565AA656

No files found.

-=End Of File=-

more_horiz
Hey guys,
Listen, I still need major help with my computer. Today, I indirectly acquired desote and after several hours, I was able to delete it. I had to be quick and delete all the 32 pop up windows and quickly have it open and ready to delete and it worked. Now, I'm getting really nervous because I feel I have no malware or virus protection. Any searches gets rerouted and I get fake warning pop us, including Police pro windows. Also, my home page stays white. There is definitely something infected. Please look at my logs from 2 days ago and tell me what to do next. Thank you!!!!!!!

Please forgive me for hitting you up with so many questions. As I wait for responses from you, I mess around with my computer looking for answers. I just ran Jason's Toolbox which was really neat-thanks to your suggestion.

I get the Windows Pro Antivirus pop up STILL in my log-in. How do I get it of the screen without x-ing it out or logging out? I don't even want to mouse near it.

Can you tell me if I am running Avira and McAfee together by my logfile? Does Avira give the same protection and options(I'll miss McAfee). I cannot see where to do a scan with Avira, but I'm pretty sure I downloaded it successfully.

What is AV Care? I think it just showed up one day.

Lastly, although it has been beneficial to have two log ins(it allowed us to make progress on my computer), it is also a bit tricky. Can I merge the two log ins? I am finding that I have to download everything on to both log ins and I can't always retrieve what I am looking for and they are just not, um, on the same page, literally.
Going to post a recent HJT. Thanks again!

more_horiz
Scan saved at 3:37:53 PM, on 9/7/2009

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 922\dlbtbmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 922\dlbtbmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACDaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeInSystray.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LMIGuardian.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\nana\My Documents\winlogon.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfee Backup] "C:\Program Files\McAfee\MBK\McAfeeDataBackup.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe" /min
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Scheduler (AntiVirSchedulerService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe

--
End of file - 14090 bytes

more_horiz
SystemLook v1.0 by jpshortstuff (29.08.09)
Log created at 15:41 on 07/09/2009 by nana (Limited User)

C:\I386\SCECLI.DLL --a--- 180224 bytes [14:15 24/01/2005] [11:00 04/08/2004] 0F78E27F563F2AAF74B91A49E2ABF19A
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\scecli.dll ------ 181248 bytes [00:53 27/09/2008] [00:12 14/04/2008] A86BB5E61BF3E39B62AB4C7E7085A084
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\scecli.dll --a--- 181248 bytes [11:00 04/08/2004] [00:12 14/04/2008] A86BB5E61BF3E39B62AB4C7E7085A084

C:\I386\NETLOGON.DLL --a--- 407040 bytes [14:12 24/01/2005] [11:00 04/08/2004] 96353FCECBA774BB8DA74A1C6507015A
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\netlogon.dll ------ 407040 bytes [00:52 27/09/2008] [00:12 14/04/2008] 1B7F071C51B77C272875C3A23E1E4550
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\netlogon.dll --a--- 407040 bytes [11:00 04/08/2004] [00:12 14/04/2008] 1B7F071C51B77C272875C3A23E1E4550

C:\I386\EVENTLOG.DLL --a--- 55808 bytes [14:10 24/01/2005] [11:00 04/08/2004] 82B24CB70E5944E6E34662205A2A5B78
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\eventlog.dll ------ 56320 bytes [00:52 27/09/2008] [00:11 14/04/2008] 6D4FEB43EE538FC5428CC7F0565AA656
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\eventlog.dll --a--- 56320 bytes [11:00 04/08/2004] [00:11 14/04/2008] 6D4FEB43EE538FC5428CC7F0565AA656

No files found.

-=End Of File=-

more_horiz
Hello.

• Download combofix from here
    Link 1
    Link 2

1. If you are using Firefox, make sure that your download settings are as follows:

* Tools->Options->Main tab
    * Set to "Always ask me where to Save the files".

2. During the download, rename Combofix to Combo-Fix as follows:

Fake virus alert Please help CF_download_FF

Fake virus alert Please help CF_download_rename

3. It is important you rename Combofix during the download, but not after.
    4. Please do not rename Combofix to other names, but only to the one indicated.
    5. Close any open browsers.
    6. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

• We need to disable your local AV (Anti-virus) before running Combofix.
  • See HERE for how to disable your AV.
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe.
  • Follow the prompts. NOTE:
  • ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed.
    ***It's strongly recommended to have the Recovery Console installed before doing any malware removal.***

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will automatically proceed with its scan.

• The Recovery Console provides a recovery/repair mode should a problem occur during a Combofix run.

Fake virus alert Please help Rcauto10

• Allow ComboFix to download the Recovery Console.
  • Accept the End-User License Agreement.
  • The Recovery Console will be installed.
  • You will then get this next prompt that asks if you want to continue the malware scan, select yes

Fake virus alert Please help Whatne10

• Allow combofix to run
  • Post C:\combofix.txt back here.

Note:
    Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

more_horiz
Hey you guys,

I waited a few days to give an update. I wanted to see if I experienced any more problems....BECAUSE you ALL are awesome- my desktop is all better!!! Combo-Fix is awesome. Firewall-Armor is awesome. Avira Antivir is awesome. Malwarebytes is awesome. I have followed most of your "security" post advice and it is the best. Got rid of windows firewall in exchange for Armor. Now, I get a lot of security pop ups that sometimes throw me for a loop, but that's ok with me. I have already stopped a lot of malware/viruses from downloading, even from my email.

I'm here to say, everybody out there with computer problems- Don't give up. I put about 18 hours of labor into this and now I feel like a computer whiz. AND it's all thanks to Geek Police. I love you guys! Thank You!

more_horiz
Please post the Combofix log.

more_horiz
Due to lack of response, this topic is now closed.

If you need the topic reopened, PM an administrator or moderator.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum