WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptioncertain websites..... Emptycertain websites.....

more_horiz
...seem to lead me to other websites which come up as a green tic by McAfee site advisor, but then it suddenly comes up with an error message saying my computer may have harmful or malicious software on it, even clicking the red X it still brings up my computer and a thing saying it is scanning, then when i quit it, it says something similar to: The scan has not completed so your computer may not be safe, press OK to continue and install our anti-virus software.
Luckily i closed it rather than clicking ok. But my computer may be harmed, although both Avast! and MBAM seemed to have detected nothing. I am sure that the thing is a scam, but do you think i should post a HijackThis just in case?

............................................................................................

certain websites..... Megatails5-sig-2

descriptioncertain websites..... EmptyRe: certain websites.....

more_horiz
just found out the name is this crappy personal antivirus thing? It seems to think i have an email worm despite the fact other scans prove otherwise...

............................................................................................

certain websites..... Megatails5-sig-2

more_horiz
Yeah, definitely malware. Post your HijackThis log in the malware removal forum.

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

certain websites..... Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
When i come across websites that automatically open free virus scanning popups, i usually Alt+F4 / Close them via the task manager. (Even if it means closing my 20 tabs i seem to always have open)

more_horiz
Yeah, clicking the "close" or "ok" button might result in downloading that malware.

more_horiz
Clicking the X at the top right hand corner could possibly do it as well in some cases?

more_horiz
It won't, but after click the red X more windows will still pop-up. In some cases, the malware might enter your computer even without you clicking on anything.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum