WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionTwitter is 40% “Pointless Babble.” Wait, that’s it? EmptyTwitter is 40% “Pointless Babble.” Wait, that’s it?

more_horiz
In a new study conducted by Pear Analytics of San Antonio Texas, approximately 40% of posts on Twitter can be described as “pointless babble.” According to SFGate’s “The Tech Chronicles,” the study sampled the Twitter stream every 30 minutes from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. for 10 days. The sample of 2000 tweets were put into six categories:

40.55% “Pointless babble.” Pear also defined these as the “'I am eating a sandwich' tweets.”

37.55% “Conversational.” Questions, polls, back and forth dialog in an almost instant message fashion.

8.7% “Pass along value.” Re-tweets passed along from other Twitter members.

5.85% “Self promotion.” Tweets about members' products, services, shows, or companies.

3.75% Spam.

3.60% News from mainstream media sources like CNN. It’s pretty sad this is below the spam category.

It’s an interesting study that while slightly depressing isn’t all that surprising. I actually would have guessed the ratio of worthless posts to useful content would be even higher.

More: http://pcworld.com/article/170158/

............................................................................................

descriptionTwitter is 40% “Pointless Babble.” Wait, that’s it? EmptyRe: Twitter is 40% “Pointless Babble.” Wait, that’s it?

more_horiz
funny, I would've thought it was 100% Spam?
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum