WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionRestart Required Message Won't Go Away EmptyRestart Required Message Won't Go Away

more_horiz
I built a new computer a few weeks ago. As I was loading all the drivers and software I did not encounter any difficulty. But shortly after loading everything I started getting a Windows message box whenever I would reboot the computer. In the header of the box it states Restart required with OK or Cancel buttons. There is nothing else in the box to identify which program or driver it might be associated with. At first I clicked the OK button which caused the computer to reboot, only to find that the same message box appears again when the system boots up. Since then I have clicked Cancel and the box closes without a problem. All the hardware and software work without a problem, but it is a bit of an annoyance to deal with this Restart required box.

I have no idea where to even start to look for the solution to this problem. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

descriptionRestart Required Message Won't Go Away EmptyRe: Restart Required Message Won't Go Away

more_horiz
For anyone else having this problem I discovered the cause. In the System Configuration Utility under the Startup tab I found Adobe Updater was checked. After unchecking the problem is gone. I'll be following up with Adobe to see if they have an answer for this and will post an update here if I find anything.

descriptionRestart Required Message Won't Go Away EmptyRe: Restart Required Message Won't Go Away

more_horiz
Glad you sorted it.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum