WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMashups pit search engines against each other EmptyMashups pit search engines against each other

more_horiz
Can't decide which search engine to use? Use several. At once. After I covered Google's "Caffeine" beta search engine I got a link, in the story's comments, to a clever hack that puts old Google and new Google results side by side, so you can use both: CompareGoogle. Useful? Not really. But kind of entertaining if you're a search geek.

I prefer, though, the blind taste test of search, BlindSearch, created by Microsoft employee Michael Kordahi. You enter your query and it gives you three panes of search results, from Google, Bing, and Yahoo, but in a random order and with nothing telling you which is which. You find out what's what once you tell it which result set you like best. How scientific. I ran it several times and found Google to be my preferred engine, although Bing was close behind.

More: http://news.cnet.com/8301-19882_3-10307904-250.html

descriptionMashups pit search engines against each other EmptyRe: Mashups pit search engines against each other

more_horiz
I tested it and Google is no doubt my favourite. :smile2:
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum