WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionI got the blue screen of error message - what do I do? EmptyI got the blue screen of error message - what do I do?

more_horiz
I came back to the computer today and found a blue screen error message that read as follows [I have omitted redundant things like "if this is the first time this problem occured etc."]:

"a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to the computer.

"BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER"

If this is the first time you see this error screen [etc.]

If prob persists, remove any newly installed hardware or software. disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing [what are these and how do i do it?]

Technical info:

***0X000000FE (0x00000004, 0x86C74590, 0x86DCBA00, 0x00000000)

Contact tech support for further assistance."

I recently bought/installed Avira, the program Amazon uses to change .AMZ files to Mp3's when you download/buy them. Also I've been downloading free MP3's from various blogs and things - not file sharing. The last few times I did Malwarebytes scans I told it to include my external hard drive in the scan which I don't normally do.

I have a relatively new USB soundcard that i use. Also I keep my external hard drive plugged into the USB port all the time. Could that have something to do with this?

Also I recently updated Firefox.

What is going on?

Thanks again!

descriptionI got the blue screen of error message - what do I do? EmptyRe: I got the blue screen of error message - what do I do?

more_horiz
Hello,

It's probably the USB soundcard causing this. Have you updated to the latest version of Windows? How many times have this blue screen popped up?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

I got the blue screen of error message - what do I do? Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionI got the blue screen of error message - what do I do? EmptyRe: I got the blue screen of error message - what do I do?

more_horiz
I am using XP. I updated it every time theres an update for it. I have updated the USB soundcard software too.

more_horiz
hey

a quick solution burt cant say it work or not but u can try

take a bootabel cd and on first screen press r

then go to command promt and the following command

chkdsk /r

it will recover all the couruption

and i think so it will work for u u may try it

more_horiz
hmm...are the soundcard files corrupted? Indifferent or Blank

more_horiz
Hello spacephrawgg,

Please download the hot fix here: http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=835594&kbln=en-us

And run it, let me know if it fixes the problem.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
some of the time some files get corrup coz of direct shutdown or power off

so files get corrupted so a good solution for that and this command will recover all the windos files for which we need to run the windows

more_horiz
dil_09 wrote:
some of the time some files get corrup coz of direct shutdown or power off

so files get corrupted so a good solution for that and this command will recover all the windos files for which we need to run the windows

The blue screen error codes clearly shows that it's not a corruption problem. It's a USB device conflict.

more_horiz
ooo controversy!

Could this have happened as delayed result of having Malwarebytes scan my external hard drive?

more_horiz
Yeah, there is a possibility.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum