WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionDell Inspiron 2500 Wired Network Problem EmptyDell Inspiron 2500 Wired Network Problem

more_horiz
Hi, I found a Dell Inspiron 2500 in my closet, and decided to try it out.

So, it has internet explorer and used to connect to the internet through dial-up connect, but obviously I have upgraded and have Comcast.

When I plug in my ether net cord and click on internet explorer, it just says that it can not find the page.

Why does it not let me go on the internet?

Can someone please help me.

descriptionDell Inspiron 2500 Wired Network Problem EmptyRe: Dell Inspiron 2500 Wired Network Problem

more_horiz
Hello,

Did you install your motherboard drivers etc.?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Dell Inspiron 2500 Wired Network Problem Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionDell Inspiron 2500 Wired Network Problem EmptyRe: Dell Inspiron 2500 Wired Network Problem

more_horiz
Well sense it has already connected to the internet before, it just connected through dial-up, shouldn't all the internet drivers and stuff already be downloaded and installed?

more_horiz
Yeah, it should be together with Windows since you're using a Dell PC. Just to confirm is your modem and router (if you use a router) properly connected to each other?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Dell Inspiron 2500 Wired Network Problem Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
I got it to work, thanks man Big Grin

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum