WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionPaper City -Models Made Out of Paper EmptyPaper City -Models Made Out of Paper

more_horiz

Paper City -Models Made Out of Paper Yellow_1441058i

An origami artist from Japan, Wataru Ito, has spent four years crafting an incredible model city from paper - but now plans to burn it down. The entire piece - which measures 2.4m by 1.8m and is 1m high - has been crafted using only paper, which Wataru stuck together using craft glue, an art knife and holepuncher

Paper City -Models Made Out of Paper Artist-and-castle_1441045i

Mr Ito, 25, started building his 'Castle on the Ocean' when he became bored during his university entrance exams. Using just a knife and glue, the art student built up an entire cityscape over four years by cutting and folding hundreds of pages of craft paper

Paper City -Models Made Out of Paper Exhibition_1441051i

The finished piece is now being displayed for the first time at an exhibition on the artificial island of Umihotaru, near Tokyo

Paper City -Models Made Out of Paper Green_1441052i

ut incredibly, Wataru, a second year student at Tokyo University of the Arts, plans to set his work on fire when the show is over

Paper City -Models Made Out of Paper Wheel_1441055i

He said: "I'm very happy to display my work at a place where people who don't have an interest in arts can come and see it

Paper City -Models Made Out of Paper Pink_1441054i

"Looking back now I sometimes ask myself 'did I really manage to create this?'"

Paper City -Models Made Out of Paper Blue_1441048i

"I am devoted while I am working on my projects but I quickly lose interest when I complete them"

Paper City -Models Made Out of Paper Detail_1441049i

"When the exhibition is over I will burn the castle. I thought I could see it rising up from the ashes if I took a video and played it backwards"

Paper City -Models Made Out of Paper Emerald_1441050i

Wataru, who lives in Tokyo but is originally from Saitama, Japan, started working on the castle while he was studying to become an art student

Paper City -Models Made Out of Paper Working-on-it_1441057i

After failing a university entrance exam three times he focused on this project, which became so large he had to sleep under a table in his tiny flat

Paper City -Models Made Out of Paper Lit-up_1441053i

The city's centrepiece is a castle which is loosely based upon El Temple de la Sagrada Familia, in Barcelona, Spain

............................................................................................

Paper City -Models Made Out of Paper 2v1art10

"I can handle pain till it hurts"

descriptionPaper City -Models Made Out of Paper EmptyRe: Paper City -Models Made Out of Paper

more_horiz
The lighting looks cool.

............................................................................................

Paper City -Models Made Out of Paper Segmen10

FunSubstance is the place to go for daily entertainment.

descriptionPaper City -Models Made Out of Paper EmptyRe: Paper City -Models Made Out of Paper

more_horiz
Wow looks beautifully impressive.

more_horiz
I'm wondering how many paper should be used in order to create a certain block or building such as that though.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum