WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionDell mini Inspiron BSOD EmptyDell mini Inspiron BSOD

more_horiz
Whenever I turn on my Dell mini Inspiron, windows won't start. I get a black screen that says:
We apologize for the inconvenience. but Windows did not start successfully...
Then I have the option to start in safe mode, last known good configuration, or to start windows normally. nothing will work, it will get to the windows startup screen then a BSOD will flash so fast that I can't even see what the error code is, then it will go back to the same black screen where it has the options of which way to start up. Because of this I'm not able to post a hijack log. or do anything for that matter. Any ideas of what's going on?

descriptionDell mini Inspiron BSOD EmptyRe: Dell mini Inspiron BSOD

more_horiz
Hello,

How old is the computer?

Follow the steps here to perform a repiar of the OS, except at the Restore option, select repair.

http://www.geekpolice.net/tutorials-guides-f13/dell-system-recovery-partition-hotkey-instructions-dell-pc-restore-t7661.htm

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Dell mini Inspiron BSOD Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
(I accidentally replied in the wrong spot..sorry about that)
The model that I have doesn't have an F11 key, at the Dell screen there is an option to hit 2 for Setup and 0 for Boot Options. Not sure where to go from there. I guess the Dell mini Inspiron doesn't have an F11 key, not sure what the alternative is.

more_horiz
Hello,

Use the 0 Boot Options key.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
ok, then what? lol

more_horiz
Have you done the repair?

more_horiz
no, thats what I mean, Im not sure what to do at the boot menu.
its says:
Hard Drive
CD/DVD/CD-RW
Removable Devices
Network Boot
Diagnostics

more_horiz
bump

more_horiz
Hello,

Select Hard Drive.

more_horiz
After I select hard drive, nothing happens it just goes back to that black screen with the options on how to start up. Same goes for anything listed under the Boot Menu that I've clicked on Sad tearing

more_horiz
Strange... How old is the computer? The recovery system seems to be different from what I know.

more_horiz
it's not even a year old. It's a Dell Inspiron Mini 9 (or 910, same thing) I mean I really don't expect much from it. But I would like to atleast browse the web once in awhile y'know? Smile...

more_horiz
I'm not too sure about this, never heard of computers with boot options with number keys. I think Dell provides free tech support for computers under a year old, plus it's still under warranty. Maybe you should contact them.

descriptionDell mini Inspiron BSOD EmptyDell Mini does not have a PC Restore capability

more_horiz
alilujah wrote:
After I select hard drive, nothing happens it just goes back to that black screen with the options on how to start up. Same goes for anything listed under the Boot Menu that I've clicked on Sad tearing

Basically if no F11 key is available then probably the Restore Partttiion is not a feature:

From the Dell site:
Some systems like Inspiron Mini 9 (910) do not support System Restore as they do not have nor any substitute.
If the key strokes are not working or you do not have PC Restore any more. You will have to do a manual reinstall. Click here for manual installation instructions.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum