WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionComputer freezes at start up EmptyComputer freezes at start up

more_horiz
Hello,

A few weeks ago, I posted on here about this computer with a virus problem (http://www.geekpolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/incorrectly-configured-network-card-problem-t11076.htm) and we fixed it and it was working fine. Now, my computer is freezing on start up. It will start up normally but on the right hand side of the screen it has four weird lines, that usually come up red, but might change to a green color later on in start up. The computer will continue on in start up but after the Windows XP screen comes up with the little bar, it goes to a black page and won't go any further and I have to turn it off with the button. Then when I go into safe mode, it still has the lines and when it's asking you about safe mode, some of the letters are messed up where the lines normally would be. Before it was doing this, but it would freeze on the desktop screen and I'd have to turn it on, but when I turned it back on, it would work fine. I honestly don't know what to do. I've tried reinstalling a driver and still, nothing.

descriptionComputer freezes at start up EmptyRe: Computer freezes at start up

more_horiz
Bump

more_horiz
The virus you had may have not been fully removed, or the virus may have corrupted some files. One thing that couldn't hurt would be an attempt to "Repair Windows." This can be done by inserting your opperating system disk and booting your computer from the cd. To get it to do this you will need to press a certain key to change the boot order. Your computer will tell you what key it is while it is starting up, before the windows icon apears. You shoould then be promted to "press any key to boot from cd...", and then you should see an option to repair windows.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum