WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionVarious Programs Wont Run EmptyVarious Programs Wont Run

more_horiz
It started this morning, when AVG popped up saying that a trojan in WINDOWS/system32/lsp/dll was detected. Not thinking much of it, I clicked "heal". A few hours later, I started up a game called "Combat Arms" from Nexon that I played about 4 times a week with no problems; but this time it said that it could not connect to the server. I tested a different game, and it said that an error occurred trying to start it.

I restored the trojans, in case that AVG had a false alarm, but the same thing happened with the games, so I moved it back to the vault. AVG informed me an update was available, so I allowed it to download but the updater encountered an error as well. Coincidentally, I downloaded a sentence diagramming program from a secure website on Firefox. When I open the installer, it said an error occurred. I opened up a really old game (1995) to see if that one would work and it did.

It may have something to do with installing Malwarebyte's anti-malware as per
http://www.geekpolice.net/malware-removal-guides-f12/how-to-remove-astrum-antivirus-pro-removal-guide-t5280.htm

descriptionVarious Programs Wont Run EmptyRe: Various Programs Wont Run

more_horiz
Now none of my browsers work, writing this from portable, making desktop useless!

I restarted it and it said "diskette drive 0 seek failure". I used the BIOS to disable Drive A to none, so that message stopped, but I still cant open anything. Everything seems fine until you try to open any program.

Last edited by Homestar on 8th July 2009, 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)

more_horiz
I did a full system format with the cd, it seemed to be the only way.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum