WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

How to Remove PersonalAV [Removal Guide]

+10
RSarduy
Merlins62
ThuyTran
frankmjohn
abbyagapao
milkman123
debmangham
Ukphil
guik44668
Doctor Inferno
14 posters

descriptionHow to Remove PersonalAV [Removal Guide] EmptyHow to Remove PersonalAV [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
This guide will give you easy instructions on how to remove PersonalAV for free.

What is PersonalAV? (Information)

PersonalAV is from the same family as Personal Antivirus. It is a fake security software which uses fraudulent strategies by displaying false or exaggerated security issues on your computer rather than any legitimate ones to coerce you into purchasing their software.

Follow these instructions to continue:

1. Please download this removal tool: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

How to Remove PersonalAV [Removal Guide] Startd10

If you are having problems downloading from the link above, click here:
    Spoiler :

2. Extract the file and install Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware by double clicking on winlogon.exe

3. Follow the prompts. Make sure that Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware are checked. Then click finish.

4. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will automatically update itself after the install, you can press the OK button to close that box and you will now be at the main program as shown below.

If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware with the latest database
Spoiler :

How to Remove PersonalAV [Removal Guide] Mbam010

5. Close ALL open Windows, Programs, File or Folders.

6. Make sure you are on the Scanner tab. Select Perform quick scan then click the Scan button as shown above.

7. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for infected files as shown below.
How to Remove PersonalAV [Removal Guide] Mbam10

8. When the scan is finished a message box will appear, click Ok to continue.

9. Click Show Results.
How to Remove PersonalAV [Removal Guide] Mbam110

10. You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections like shown below. Yours may look different depending on the infection you have.

11. Click on Remove seletced
How to Remove PersonalAV [Removal Guide] Mbam_i10

12. When removing the files, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware may require you to restart the computer in order to do a complete removal. If it dȋsplay a message stating that it needs to restart, please allow it to do so.

13. After that you can close the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware window, your computer is now cleaned.

To protect your computer from future threats like this, you may want to consider purchasing the Pro version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware with real-time protection from this link.

If you are still experiencing problems or difficulties following this guide or require any assistance removing this software, please post your questions in our Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal forums for free help.

You have to be logged in to post questions. Registration is free. By registering you are privileged to other virus removal resources in future.

Last edited by Doctor Inferno on 17th October 2009, 4:47 am; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : Information Update)

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

How to Remove PersonalAV [Removal Guide] Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionHow to Remove PersonalAV [Removal Guide] EmptyRe: How to Remove PersonalAV [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
Thank you so much... it worked! Hooray! Cheesy Grin (sparkly

descriptionHow to Remove PersonalAV [Removal Guide] EmptyRe: How to Remove PersonalAV [Removal Guide]

more_horiz
Thank you, thought I was going to have to do a complete reinstall, but it worked great !! Thank You!

more_horiz
AAAAAAGH!!! I thought I was going to lose my mind - had to follow these instructions on my laptop, while I was TRYING to clean up the mess on the home computer - that whole "personal antivirus" thing would barely let me get to the internet - only for a few seconds at a time, then would keep trying to block things. FINALLY got the seconds that I needed to do this download & removal - thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! It worked!!!!! I'm a most appreciative believer in THE GEEK POLICE!!! :O)

more_horiz
Thank u thank u thank u. it worked very quick and easy. I will visit your website often

more_horiz
omg!!! thank you so much, i had just bought this computer an with in 30 minutes of being on it this spyware pops up, i was realy about to cry (im a girl its aloud,) again thankyou so much!

descriptionHow to Remove PersonalAV [Removal Guide] EmptyYou saved the day!

more_horiz
I followed your instructions to remove PersonalAV (a wicked virus) from my wifes PC. I am now a hero. Thank you!

more_horiz
Thank you so much for this intruction. I worked perfectly. I was almost cry yesterday!. Many thanks!

more_horiz
Purfect.... I arrived home tonight to find that someone at home had been tricked/conned by PersonalAV and installed it on the desktop.... Bring it on Due to PAV not allowing me access to the internet I had to download the removal file onto the laptop and save it to a memory stick. Cheesy Grin (sparkly From there I was able to install it on my desktop... It ran purfectly... within 10 minutes it had identified, removed and rebooted my pc and I now have a happy family again.. woooo hoo.. So good I have now signed up to Geek Police and intend frequenting here for any proplems that may come up. Thanks to all the clever ppl out there who are on the good side... Thank You!

more_horiz
I downloaded the file and had to change the name in order to install it. I now have it installed on my daughter's laptop but can not get it to run. HELP!!!

more_horiz
RSarduy wrote:
I downloaded the file and had to change the name in order to install it. I now have it installed on my daughter's laptop but can not get it to run. HELP!!!

Hello,

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\

Rename mbam.exe.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

How to Remove PersonalAV [Removal Guide] Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Doctor Inferno wrote:
RSarduy wrote:

Hello,

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\

Rename mbam.exe.

Thanks Doc. Finally got rid of the pest! Now I have to figure out how to get McAfee back up and running. Thank You!

more_horiz
Hi i downloaded this and all seemed to work but when i went to open up the application nothing happened, removed then tried again now its saying i've used up my free user, what now please

more_horiz
now downloaded again wont let me launch the program

more_horiz
Thank you, seems off and OK so far. With PersonalAV running, I was able to run my anti-whatever programs and they blissfully ignored the MalWare as it ran in the background and kept spitting out messages, WHAT A PAIN.

Warren

descriptionHow to Remove PersonalAV [Removal Guide] EmptyThank you!!

more_horiz
Wow! I have been trying to get rid of this stupid virus all day. I clocked it wasnt real after my third attempt at trying to get the contact information. Then I managed to find your web site! Thank you!! I will be recommending you guys to everyone! You are legends!!!! Thank you, Thank you!!! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Hooray! Hooray! Cheesy Grin (sparkly Cheesy Grin (sparkly

descriptionHow to Remove PersonalAV [Removal Guide] Emptypurchase

more_horiz
Hi i am in the process of scanning, my screen looks slightly different to the one shown on here, mine has a purchase button on it, does this mean that when its finished scanning i will need to buy it to get rid of the virus? All the others i tired haver done this. Sad tearing

Thanks for you help

J

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum