WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptioni cant see the shared docs of the other computer . vice versa Emptyi cant see the shared docs of the other computer . vice versa

more_horiz
i have 2 comp. in my house everything was working perfectly until we got used of not sharing files anymore then one day when we need to share files when we looked at the network places the shared docs doesn't show up .. . nid help . .Advanced TY!

descriptioni cant see the shared docs of the other computer . vice versa EmptyRe: i cant see the shared docs of the other computer . vice versa

more_horiz
Make sure the security settings are done properly. Right click the drive >> properties.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

i cant see the shared docs of the other computer . vice versa Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptioni cant see the shared docs of the other computer . vice versa EmptyRe: i cant see the shared docs of the other computer . vice versa

more_horiz
yeah they the checkbox of sharing and security are ticed but i can't still see the shared docs / . .

more_horiz
yeah the checkbox of sharing and security are ticked but i can't still see the shared docs . .

more_horiz
Hello,

Here are some info on Networking Vista/Vista and XP/Vista:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727037.aspx

Have a read of the above link re Vista File and Printer Sharing.

Permissions/Share info is there as well.

If using Norton, McAfee, Trend Micro, Kaspersky I.S., make sure file and printer sharing is enabled in THEIR firewall (or LAN allowed, depending on how their Exceptions are worded in their Firewall)

1st thing to do is make sure that the Workgroup Name of ALL the computers is the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

Network Discovery: ON (So it can see the other computers)

Network set to Private (Public is for hotspots, airports, etc)

File Sharing: ON

Public Folder Sharing: ON (Vista’s Public Folder is the same as XP’s Shared Docs)

Password Protected: OFF (unless you want to set up identical usernames and passwords on ALL computers in your Network) If you have it ON, and no identical usernames/passwords set up, you will be asked for a username and password when you try to access a Vista computer from an XP computer, or a Vista computer.

Also, run the XP’s Home or Small Office Network File and Printer Sharing Wizard on the XP Computers, even if you had an XP Network set up prior to adding a Vista computer to it(redoing the Wizard seems to work for XP machines!).

In My Network Places: Set up a Home or Small Office Network

OR under Accessories >> Communications >> Network Setup Wizard >> Allow File and Printer Sharing.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
well. . . i have disabled the firewall of norton and run the Network Setup Wizard on both computers but still . can't see other computers but all both of the computers have access to the internet

more_horiz
What about all the other Settings I listed for you?

Are they correct?

And can you explain this: "everything was working perfectly until we got used of not sharing files anymore"

more_horiz
What about all the other Settings I listed for you?
Are they correct?
{[(Yes)]}

And can you explain this: "everything was working perfectly until we got used of not sharing files anymore"
OK. . a long time ago we were always sharing files and stuff then we stopped doing this for quite some time because we were busy on our studies. .then one day we decided to transfer a file from one computer to the other but we didn't find the shareddocs in My Network Places

additional information : im also using spyware guard and malware bytes . .can they disable file sharing??

more_horiz
One of the reasons that you are having problems is because Spyware Guard is Malware.

Follow this removal guide I wrote and remove it:

www.geekpolice.net/malware-removal-guides-f12/how-to-remove-spyware-guard-2008-or-2009-removal-guide-t3582.htm

more_horiz
i thought of running a hijackthis scan

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 12:00:41 PM, on 5/13/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16827)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\STacSV.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\sttray.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe
C:\WINDOWS\VM303_STI.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Student\Microsoft Student with Encarta Premium 2008 DVD\EDICT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Jack\Desktop\hijackgpthis(2).exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sb/msgr9/*http://www.yahoo.com/ext/search/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/su/msgr9/*http://www.yahoo.com
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: NCO 2.0 IE BHO - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\2.6\coIEPlg.dll
O2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\IDS\IPSBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O2 - BHO: SingleInstance Class - {FDAD4DA1-61A2-4FD8-9C17-86F7AC245081} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\YTSingleInstance.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\2.6\CoIEPlg.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] sttray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BigDog303] C:\WINDOWS\VM303_STI.EXE VIMICRO USB PC Camera (ZC0301PLH)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [\\Ace\EPSON Stylus C59 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATIBHP.EXE /FU "C:\DOCUME~1\Jack\LOCALS~1\Temp\E_S3.tmp" /EF "HKLM"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [osCheck] "C:\Program Files\Norton 360\osCheck.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [L08AXLRD_1082468] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Student\Microsoft Student with Encarta Premium 2008 DVD\EDICT.EXE" -m
O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [] 
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [] (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [] (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [RunNarrator] Narrator.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [RunNarrator] Narrator.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: ATI CATALYST System Tray.lnk = C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLI.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Encarta Search Bar - {B205A35E-1FC4-4CE3-818B-899DBBB3388C} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Search Bar\ENCSBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LuComServer_3_4.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: SigmaTel Audio Service (STacSV) - SigmaTel, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\STacSV.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

--
End of file - 7407 bytes

more_horiz
SpywareGuard and Spyware Guard is different, SpywareGuard is legitimate, in your above post you mentioned Spyware Guard which is a rouge antispyware.

more_horiz
ok . . . sry for the wrong call . . i didn't thought that a space between the two words is a big factor Smile...)

so. . . wat am i going to do now? i can't still see the shared docs Sad tearing

more_horiz
bump

more_horiz
Sorry, missed out your topic.

Have you try just create a new folder and share it? Put some files in there also.

more_horiz
yes. . . tried it twice . no luck

more_horiz
Try this, go to Internet Explorer go to tools>Internet Connections, then go to connections tab, and click on LAN Settings and selec to automatically detect settings. Restart your browser, and check again.

more_horiz
still didn't work .... sometimes i tried to right click the LAN on network places then select repair connection it stops when in the process of Clearing NetBT

more_horiz
What is the operating system you are running on the two computers?
How are they connected?
Do they have the same User/Password on both computer?

Click Start >>> type in cmd. In the command prompt, type ipconfig /all. Do this for both computer and post the result in your next reply.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum