WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMonitor color display problem EmptyMonitor color display problem

more_horiz
I just got an older monitor its a Hp Pavilion mx50 and I am trying to use it with my HP Pavillion dv6000 notebook. When I plug the VGA cord in it shows my wallpaper, because i'm trying to run dual monitors, with all the wrong colors. White text on my wallpaper is a sky blue color and when I open up my documents on that monitor my folders have a greenish tint to them. I already rolledback the driver and that didn't work. I also tried to update the driver and that didn't work either. I really need help so if you could that would be great

descriptionMonitor color display problem EmptyRe: Monitor color display problem

more_horiz
Because I don't use this monitor, I can't tell where exactly the buttons are. Try changing With the settings on the monitor it self, there should be buttons on the front, bottom or sides. Adjust the RGB settings and see if it helps.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Monitor color display problem Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
I already tried adjusting all the settings on the monitor and I had no luck. The thing is when I plug the monitor into the computer that it originally was packaged with it works fine and all the colors are perfectly fine but when I try to plug it into my laptop it distorts the colors and only shows like blue black and a yellowish tint

more_horiz
Does it work if u try to run it Solo instead of Dual, try working on a single display mode for the Monitor

more_horiz
I just tried that and I had no luck

more_horiz
Could there be a possibility that the monitor is faulty in the first place?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Monitor color display problem Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
I don't think so because the monitor works with the other two computers that I own

more_horiz
bronbron81 wrote:
I don't think so because the monitor works with the other two computers that I own

Those 2 Computers are Desktop PC's or Laptops? and is the monitor a very old model?

And if the Monitor is too old , then there could be chances that your Laptop's VGA card doesn't support that Monitor or something with the Driver.

Last edited by tarzan on 20th April 2009, 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

more_horiz
the two computers are desktops and the monitor is kinds old its from like 2000. But I don't think that its because its old because I previously used an even older monitor from the 90s and that monitor worked perfectly fine.

more_horiz
Try Connecting some other monitor to the same Laptop and check whether the Colours/Display is perfect or not, if not then You need to check The VGA port (HP Guys will do it)
I M not suggesting any Driver update as you have done that earlier.

more_horiz
Highly possible that it is ur graphic driver fault.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum