WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWin32/cryptor EmptyWin32/cryptor

more_horiz
Hi,

I have somewhat an unusual problem, I have a Del 1525 with Win XP and AVG 8.0 free edition.

Last week AVG reported the above virus and cleaned it and removed uncleaned file, but again next day the same files appeared in the scan. Due to this my USB-Flash drive has stopped working as Win recognise it and right side bottom corner the symbol also comes but I am not able to open it and also it does not show in My Computer and Disk Management as well so no point of changing drive letter as it just does not show, I tried safe mode but no help.

I have tried s/w like avenger, kasperkey and few more but no help, I tried to install mbam but it does not let me, i double click the setup file but nothing happens. Any one knows what is the resolution to my problem. I have already tried steps mentioed in this forum but no luck.

Waiting for assistance from you all.

descriptionWin32/cryptor EmptyRe: Win32/cryptor

more_horiz
Please download the current version of HijackThis from HERE

• Double click and run the installer.
  • It will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\hijackthis.exe
  • After installing, you should get the user agreement, press accept and Hijack This will run.
  • Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Win32/cryptor DXwU4
Win32/cryptor VvYDg

more_horiz
Thanks Belahzur, for the info, but this also didnot work. I am able to download the software but again when I try to install it nothing happens it does not install, so i tried a lot but no good.

Finally i formated the hdd and fresh installed the os and after that the first thing was a propoer av and malware protection, now all seems good as in scan no virus comes up.

Anyway thanks alot for your help.

Regards,

Vivcon

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum