WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWord(Text) EmptyWord(Text)

more_horiz
Does anyone know something similar to Microsoft word, I don't really want to buy Microsoft Office/Word.

descriptionWord(Text) EmptyRe: Word(Text)

more_horiz
Open office?

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Word(Text) DXwU4
Word(Text) VvYDg

more_horiz
I can get 2007 for you. Please just download the 2007 microsoft word trial and I'll give you the code since I have it.

more_horiz
Open Office is a great program. This is secondary information though. Do you need to e-mail documents or just print them out? I ask this because I am not sure of the compatibility of the file extensions that Open Office uses in comparison to a Microsoft word processor.

more_horiz
The compatibility of Open Office and Microsoft Office will work perfectly together.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Word(Text) Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
We currently use Microsoft Office, but I used Open Office for a while as well.

If you're mostly doing word processing Open office is fine.

I had some documents in Microsoft office on an external drive and Open Office could read basic documents like letters, and creative short stories.

I also had created puzzles and crosswords in Microsoft Office however and in Open office they all displayed wrong.

I'd probably recommend Open office if you're a beginner, student, or don't do a lot of "FANCY" word processing.

more_horiz
We currently use Microsoft Office, but I used Open Office for a while as well.

If you're mostly doing word processing Open office is fine.

I had some documents in Microsoft office on an external drive and Open Office could read basic documents like letters, and creative short stories.

I also had created puzzles and crosswords in Microsoft Office however and in Open office they all displayed wrong.(I'm not sure about compatability in this instance - I just know I couldn't use Open Office for a bunch of educational blackline masters I'd created a few months previously using microsoft.)

I'd probably recommend Open office if you're a beginner, student, or don't do a lot of "FANCY" word processing. I'd probably recommend Microsoft Office if you've already created complex documents in Word 2003 for instance.

more_horiz
I don't think I can specifically advocate using pirated software, but It seems it may be easiest for you to find an alternative to buying a CD and CD Key(borrow it from a friend, download it and use someone else's CD key, etc.).

Seems that Open Office may be perfectly fine for personal word processing, but from what lindy says about his/her experience with Microsoft Office's compatibility, It seems the formatting of your documents could change drastically.

I started using Open Office after you posted this so that I could have some experience with it. I would recommend it strongly for something that will be accessed only from your computer. I would not recommend it to be distributed through e-mail to someone who may be using Microsoft Office.

more_horiz
I have to say that the people behind Open Office are incredibly friendly and helpful. I emailed them about my formatting difficulties and they really tried to help me resolve the issues over several emails.

My contact with Microsoft however has been less satisfying. We bought two Microsoft keyboards and two Microsoft mice that supposedly got 30% refund each on the purchase price. After lodging our cashback claim, and waiting four months for the Microsoft cashback claims to be processed we were eventually told that the promotion had expired - even though we'd applied for the refund more than two months before the closing date of the promotion It was only a matter of $100 cashback in total - but to me it sent home a clear message that Microsoft is greedy. I sent them some polite feedback on one of their official response forms. Their response? They didn't even bother to reply!

more_horiz
lol... the tech suport guys...

Once I tried contacting them over a chat and they can't solve my problem even after 2 hours of continous chat. All they could do is ask what was my system running, what did I do to my system, and everything else with troubleshooting except finding the solution. What's worse is that the tech helping me seems to have not much knowledge of computers. :oops:

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Word(Text) Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum