WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionJava script added to my web pages - Page 1 EmptyRe: Java script added to my web pages

more_horiz
Given that the PC is 8 years old, I guess it could be deterioration of the OS. I remember that I had to rebuild my Win95 machine about once a year.

I did have my local ISP set up as a "Trusted Site" with IE, so that malware downloader could have gotten in there from my hacked web sites. I talked with my ISP this afternoon and they had no knowledge of any hacks. About ready to drop them after 10+ years.

Is there anything else I can try to see what might be causing the problem?

One additional note, my external hard drive (data files only, no executables) starting dying about the same time. Might that be a source of the problem?

descriptionJava script added to my web pages - Page 1 EmptyRe: Java script added to my web pages

more_horiz
Hello.
I can see some trusted sites set in the Hijack This log. You can fix that if you want to.

Hardware failure isn't normally caused by malware, but malware does damage the OS somewhat.

If anything can be done, the chmod of your files needs changing.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Java script added to my web pages - Page 1 DXwU4
Java script added to my web pages - Page 1 VvYDg

more_horiz
Unfortunately the web site is mostly out of reach to me in that respect, unless there's a chmod equivalent in FTP. I have a new PC on order to replace the old dinosaur anyway, just waited a couple of weeks too long to order it. Thanks for your help. I'll try to rebuild the old one after the new one arrives. Is there any such thing as too many computes? Cheesy Grin (sparkly

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum