WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionComputer keeps freezing... EmptyComputer keeps freezing...

more_horiz
Well I'm not even sure if this problem falls under this forum category, but I'm thinking its a hardware issue, but still not sure. If you feel you need to point me to another forum, then please do so =).

My computer starts up fine. I get to windows XP operating system and everything seems normal. If I start running any games my computer will freeze, but its not consistent. Sometimes I can play the game for 30 minutes, and sometimes it will freeze upon loading the game; its unpredictable. It is not only games, however. It has frozen while browsing the internet and I know that is not very computer intensive. Again, it is very unpredictable when exactly my computer will freeze.

I thought it might have been some type of virus so I have been running Ad-Aware / Spybot scans to check (my antivirus software isn't starting up anymore; another issue I need to figure out). It wasn't finding anything so I decided to try running them in safe mode. Upon starting up both scans my computer froze in safe mode.

So I'm really in the dark here. The only thing I could think of is to completely restore my computer but that would require buying a new hard drive to transfer off some existing data important to me. Sorry for the long explanation, but I felt more detail is better than none. Thanks!

512MB GeForce 8800GT
Pentium D 930 3.0Ghz
2GB of RAM.

Edit: Have had MSword up for a long time while having a couple firefox browser tabs up and it's working fine. If I watch something in Windows Media player it will freeze after about 5 minutes, or if I use Ventrilo (teamspeak software) it will freeze eventually.

Last edited by Jmor on 8th April 2009, 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updating condition)

descriptionComputer keeps freezing... EmptyRe: Computer keeps freezing...

more_horiz
About the scanning part, it smells like malware. I would like you to post a HijackThis log in this forum:

http://www.geekpolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/

Tell Belahzur that I sent you for a check. Once every thing has been done there report back here and tell me if the problem still exists.

more_horiz
Hey Doc. Okay, sounds good, doing that now.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum