WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionError while starting Microsoft Outlook 2007 EmptyError while starting Microsoft Outlook 2007

more_horiz
Hi there

I had installed Outlook 2007 on my Windows XP SP2 2 days ago, the problem i m facing is that it only starts in safe mode and not in normal mode(outlook 2007 safe mode and not XP safe mode)

Plz help!!!
Thanks

descriptionError while starting Microsoft Outlook 2007 EmptyRe: Error while starting Microsoft Outlook 2007

more_horiz
What happens when you try to open it? Does it give any error messages or does nothing happen?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Error while starting Microsoft Outlook 2007 Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionError while starting Microsoft Outlook 2007 EmptyRe: Error while starting Microsoft Outlook 2007

more_horiz
the program freezes, nothing happens, then i close it and open it again, then i get the message that "open outlook in safe mode"

more_horiz
Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\~username~\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook, where ~username~ is the name of your Windows login account. Find for the file named OUTCMD.DAT. If you can't find it, use the search function in Windows to find it. Once you found it, rename the OUTCMD.DAT file to a different filename and try to start Outlook again.

Once restarted, Outlook should restore the original OUTCMD.DAT file and you should be able to use Outlook again.

If it doesn't work, follow this article on the Microsoft website and see if it helps.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP010210641033.aspx

The .pst file is a file which includes all e-mail folders, addresses or anything else to do with Outlook.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
i tried to rename that file, but wen i restarted again the same problem persisted and the file OUTCMD was not restored to the original name after renaming...
plz guide

more_horiz
i forgot to tell u, the .pst i imported was from outlook 2003, i guess thats the problem..

more_horiz
Ok, then perform a repair on Microsoft Office.

Open Outlook >> Click the Microsoft Office Button >> Outlook Options.

In the Navigation Pane, click Resources >> Diagnose >> Continue >> Start Diagnostics.

Tthe Office Diagnostics tool will identify a problem and fix it.

If not you can got to Control Panel >> Add or Remove Programs >> Microsoft Office 2007 >> Click Change >> Repair >> then click Continue.

more_horiz
i did that, and to my suprise it didnt detect any problem, so i had to reinstall office 2003 as i had to rush the process, does this problem happens?

Anyways thanks a lot Doc for ur support!!!

more_horiz
What do you mean by does this problem happens?

more_horiz
I meant if i export a .PST from outlook 2003 and import the same in outlook 2007

more_horiz
I don't think it will work, each are made for their versions.

more_horiz
and i guess that was the problem!!!
Ahahaha

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum