WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionDouble SQL servers EmptyDouble SQL servers

more_horiz
I have a problem here.I am using Wamp server,I reinstalled Wamp after uninstalling it to try Xaamp.I have completely removed all of the Xaamp files.Recently,I opened my phpmyadmin directory and discovered an error message which hinted to me that there were two MY SQL servers installed on my computer(please refer to https://i.servimg.com/u/f89/13/69/31/58/sql_mi10.jpg ). I was using an older version of the MY SQL server before I uninstalled it. I am now using a later version.What could be the cause of this error?Could someone please help me? Sad tearing

descriptionDouble SQL servers EmptyRe: Double SQL servers

more_horiz
Probably still entries in the registry from the older version.

Uninstalls are not always what they seem.

Try a registry "Seek & Destroy" for "MySQL Connector"

Regards

more_horiz
The notice shows two warnings, and not errors as such. One, that your PHP Mysql library version is an older version than that used by MySQL server.

For this I suggest that you copy the libmysql.dll file in the MySQL bin directory into the PHP directory. The bin directory of MySQL will always have the most up-to-date version of libmysql.dll.

Two, the second warning (which is the about the root password) says that you haven't set a password for the root account of MySQL and it is a security hole which can make intrusions easy. And it really is that way. So change the default settings in your my.ini/my.cnf file to have a password set for root account.

............................................................................................

RAW!!

more_horiz
I'm confused. You're using Xampp together with MYSQL?

............................................................................................

Double SQL servers Charvi10

THIS SIGNATURE IS BY::: AGENT COSMIC ----------QUOTE BY:::TECHY

more_horiz
When did anyone mention about Xampp? No way!

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Double SQL servers Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
I have a problem here.I am using Wamp server,I reinstalled Wamp after uninstalling it to try
Xaamp.
Cheesy Grin (sparkly

you didn't set your password that's the reason for the error. But i think that's ok Cheesy Grin (sparkly mine has no password, too. but it would be better if it has Let me think I think Smile...

Double SQL servers Charvi10

THIS SIGNATURE IS BY::: AGENT COSMIC ----------QUOTE BY:::TECHY

more_horiz
For this I suggest that you copy the libmysql.dll file in the MySQL bin directory into the PHP directory. The bin directory of MySQL will always have the most up-to-date version of libmysql.dll.

Two, the second warning (which is the about the root password) says that you haven't set a password for the root account of MySQL and it is a security hole which can make intrusions easy. And it really is that way. So change the default settings in your my.ini/my.cnf file to have a password set for root account.

This should be the solution I guess. Thanks for your help guys! Smile...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum