WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionsvchost.exe application error! I need help please Emptysvchost.exe application error! I need help please

more_horiz
I logged on my other computer the other day and I got a error popup that says: The instruction "0x75606e6a" refrenced memory at "0x00000008". The memory could not be "read". This said svchost.exe at the top. All that I can do is press okay, press x but then it comes up again, or ignore it. Tis is causing problems though. Firefox and IE won't work, Malware Bytes won't even come up after I try to open it and System restore says that "it cannot protect my computer. Restart and try again. Restarting, however, accomplishes nothing. I have hijack this and combofix and AVG free. AVG free scan produces nothing. I really need some help here. I'm to sure what to do. I'm not the most computer savvy peron in the world but I can follow good directions and know my way around a computer. Please Help!!

descriptionsvchost.exe application error! I need help please EmptyRe: svchost.exe application error! I need help please

more_horiz
This could be either a hardware or software problem.
Try this.

Press Start > Run. In the Run box, type in:
sfc /scannow
Note the space between the c and /
Press enter.
If asked to insert your XP disc, put it and run it again.
Reboot and see if you still get the error.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
svchost.exe application error! I need help please DXwU4
svchost.exe application error! I need help please VvYDg

descriptionsvchost.exe application error! I need help please EmptyRe: svchost.exe application error! I need help please

more_horiz
It says insert Windows XP Professional service pack 2 CD. I don't have that, this is a 2nd hand computer

more_horiz
Okay.
It's late here so I'm heading off now, but I have found an article related to an svchost error. Did this start after/during a Windows Update?

............................................................................................

more_horiz
I think I read the article you are referring to, the one from pchell? I ried that and it didn't help. I have my updates set on automatic so I am not exactly sure. Thanks for you patience Belahzur, I will contact you tomorrow.

more_horiz
Yep, that's the one.
I'll think this through the night and contact someone who knows more in this area than I do.

more_horiz
Another weird symptom, don't know if it helps. The bars on top of my windows now sometimes look like they are from windows 98 or 2000. When my toolbar loads also it looks like its from a previous version. Anyways, Get some rest man you do a lot for this website.

more_horiz
Hello.
I am moving this to hardware so Doctor can get involved and help me figure this out.

more_horiz
Okay, thank you.

more_horiz
Hello.
Not sure if this is fixable, as the error says, it's svchost that is causing the problem, but if you look at the Task Manager, there will be (probably) like 7 different svchosts.exe's running. Some tools tell us what some of the listed svchost's are doing, but it won't tell us what ALL of them are doing.

Closing svchost.exe from running may cause your machine to crash and become unstable, so it's hard to identify which svchost is causing the problem.

more_horiz
So I'm screwed. Should I go ahaead and get a disc so I can reinstall windows XP

more_horiz
Wow. Of course. The only virus I get is unfixable.

more_horiz
We don't know that it's a virus.
We can take a look down that road, but I honestly don't think it is a virus.

Formatting would probably be the better option.

more_horiz
I'll look into that. Thanks again.

more_horiz
What exactly should I be formatting?

more_horiz
The hardrive. 😉
Here are some links to help you understand.

When should I do a reformat and reinstallation of my OS
Where to backup your files
How to backup your files in Windows XP
Restoring your backups

more_horiz
Thanks belahzur, you've been a huge help. This virus/malware/corrupted update/hardware screw up could not have come at a worse time.

more_horiz
We know how you feel. Me/Doctor Inferno were all infected at one point, that's why we got in this world, to fight back.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum