WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMozilla looks to turbocharge Firefox's new-tab skills EmptyMozilla looks to turbocharge Firefox's new-tab skills

more_horiz
Prototype add-on uses wasted space to show thumbnails, RSS feeds, single-click buttons

Mozilla Corp.'s research arm wants to speed up tasks in Firefox that typically start with a blank tab, such as searching, reading Web mail or navigating to a new site, a company official said today.

"What do people do, what are they trying to do, when they open a new tab?" asked Aza Raskin, head of user experience at Mozilla Labs. "They're starting a new task. They certainly don't want just a blank page." To make it easier to shift gears from an active tab to a new, blank tab, Mozilla has come up with an extension, simply called "New Tab," that puts likely destinations in a column down the side of the screen.

More: http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9129518&source=NLT_AM

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Mozilla looks to turbocharge Firefox's new-tab skills Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionMozilla looks to turbocharge Firefox's new-tab skills EmptyRe: Mozilla looks to turbocharge Firefox's new-tab skills

more_horiz
Seems useful, I might use it when it's released.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Mozilla looks to turbocharge Firefox's new-tab skills DXwU4
Mozilla looks to turbocharge Firefox's new-tab skills VvYDg
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum