WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionVista: Compare Editions EmptyVista: Compare Editions

more_horiz
Vista: Compare Editions Vista_compare_editions

Vista: Compare Editions Editions

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Vista: Compare Editions Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionVista: Compare Editions EmptyRe: Vista: Compare Editions

more_horiz
So what are your thoughts on Vista? I myself have only used Business at work (still running XP at home) and I have found good and bad things with it.

The first thing I noticed was that it was very pretty. Everything just seemed so much sharper than XP. And I like the way you can search directly in the start menu. The snip tool is also a nice addition to the tools - it allows you to take a snip of the screen like a sort of cropped screenshot in an area you define that can immediately be copied, saved or whatever. Also everything seems a lot more organised in the control panel and file system in general.

But there have been a lot of networking issues in particular that have "bugged" me with vista (pardon the pun). In particular with wireless networking or conference calling the issues have been many and varied. My boss also had major dramas with his bluetooth phone and vista but I'm not exactly sure what happened there.

How have your experiences been with Vista? I would particularly like to hear from anyone who has used different versions of Vista. While the good Doc's post highlights some of the differences between the editions it's often not until you use an OS that you really see it for what it is.

............................................................................................

There are no stupid questions, only those too stupid to ask for help.

more_horiz
I don't see anything special with Vista, except it's new interface and a few extra feature. But i will wait for widnows 7. Hopefully it brings a lot more special fatures.

more_horiz
I'm using vista and am glad with it so far. Cheesy Grin (sparkly

more_horiz
rattakua wrote:
I'm using vista and am glad with it so far. Cheesy Grin (sparkly

Same here, the improvements are good, but not good enough. i prefer vista to XP

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum