WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionComputer Crash when using disc drive EmptyComputer Crash when using disc drive

more_horiz
Okay well whenever I put a CD in my drive, even before it spins my computer shutdowns, no warning, just black. Then if I leave the disc in while it turns on it's fine and I can access the disc. My computer doesn't feel that hot when I put a disc in. Any ideas? I don't have any viruses/malware

descriptionComputer Crash when using disc drive EmptyRe: Computer Crash when using disc drive

more_horiz
Hello.
I'm probably not gonna know the answer to this, but I'll try.

Is the disc you put in burn't by yourself?

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Computer Crash when using disc drive DXwU4
Computer Crash when using disc drive VvYDg

descriptionComputer Crash when using disc drive EmptyRe: Computer Crash when using disc drive

more_horiz
well it happens with disc's I burn and discs from stores and stuff

Like Dawn of war 40k to Dark crusade all shutdown when installing from professional disc

Then I burnt soulstorm and it shutdown too

Also when I'm burning discs it tends to shutdown and also if a disc has been in my drive and I'm in winrar or something and i click extract and it opens that menu, my disc starts spinning and shutdowns, like just reading from the drive can shut it down

more_horiz
I think it's because the firmware is old, how old is the drive (not the machine , just the CD that's inside it)

I kind of had this issue before with stuff I burn't, if I burn from my laptop, only my laptop can read it, not my other machine.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
well i burn with the machine and use it on the machine and while its burning it can crash and while it's reading it can crash. Anyway I think it's about 4 years old now. Myabe not.. I think it's a 2003 and since I baught it I never upgraded the drive. Only RAM and video card are relatively new. So idk anywhere from 3-5 years old I guess. I can see why it would crash lol but It's rarely used(the drive).

more_horiz
What kind of drive is it? CD-R?

more_horiz
Everything on the front in this order says:

Super multi || RW(DVD-R DL) || LG || DVD Multi Recorder || compact disc reWritable Ultra Speed

more_horiz
Ah.
You've just given me a clue.

How fast do you normally burn? I wouldn't burn any faster than 8x

more_horiz
Uh well the disc that crashed was burned in Maximum in alcohol 120% I usually burn at max in the program because I find the disc works fine lol but now I understand why they give you the slower options Goofy I'll try that next time. But it's not always burnt discs sometimes it's discs from the store

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum