WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionDisable refresh EmptyDisable refresh

more_horiz
I have a page that uses php and mysql to submit information. Now once the information is submitted I do not want the user to click refresh. The reason why, is it will submit the information again and again. Is there a way to do this? Thank You!

............................................................................................

Disable refresh Charvi10

THIS SIGNATURE IS BY::: AGENT COSMIC ----------QUOTE BY:::TECHY

descriptionDisable refresh EmptyRe: Disable refresh

more_horiz
I would actually redirect them after their first submit. That is, after they submit their details, redirect them to a home page or a page that displays a successfully submitted message. If you stay on the same page there is no way to stop the user from submitting their details 100 times.

............................................................................................

There are no stupid questions, only those too stupid to ask for help.

more_horiz
is that the only way? is there a programming language that could help me achieve this?

Disable refresh Charvi10

THIS SIGNATURE IS BY::: AGENT COSMIC ----------QUOTE BY:::TECHY

more_horiz
It's call AJAX, web 2. Open Grin It uses Javascript and XML synchronously.

Disable refresh Segmen10

FunSubstance is the place to go for daily entertainment.

more_horiz
If you stopped the user from refreshing their page, that would be considered controlling the other persons browser and be named a "virus" by many. So, trust me don't use any control over your user, simply set a Session when they click the button, and then on the page you don't want them to submit again, check to see if that session is valid, and if it is just redirect them back to the page that you want them to goto.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum