WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAn issue with removing AntiVirus2009 EmptyAn issue with removing AntiVirus2009

more_horiz
Hello. I'm new to these forums, and this is my first post. I decided to join this forum because at the moment my computer is facing it's first serious virus/malware infection in nearly six years, and I'm having quite a bit of trouble handling it.

I have already read Doctor Inferno's informative guide located here, but still have an issue that is keeping me from removing this very tedious malware. I have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, along with a few other scanners (AVG, Spybot, AdAware). This virus/malware/whatever the hell it is, is keeping me from opening up these programs. I cannot run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Which seems to be the program that works best with this problem) and therefore cannot remove the AV2009. I've already manually deleted it's registry values and it's directory, but I still cannot open up the scanners.

I would assume that if I could get Malwarebytes to run, this entire problem would be solved. Any idea on how to get it running? (By not running, I mean that I double-click on the icon and get no response.)

Thank you in advance!
-Greg

descriptionAn issue with removing AntiVirus2009 EmptyRe: An issue with removing AntiVirus2009

more_horiz
Hello.
I suspect it's the tdss rootkit.

1. Please download The Avenger by Swandog46 to your Desktop
Link: HERE or HERE.

• Click on Avenger.zip to open the file
  • Extract avenger.exe to your desktop

2. Now, start The Avenger program by clicking on its icon on your desktop.

• Leave the script box empty.
  • Leave the ticked box "Scan for rootkit" ticked.
  • Then tick "Disable any rootkits found"
  • Now click on the Execute to begin execution of the script.
  • Answer "Yes" twice when prompted.

The Avenger will automatically do the following:

• It will Restart your computer.
  • On reboot, it will briefly open a black command window on your desktop, this is normal.
  • After the restart, it creates a log file that should open with the results of Avenger’s actions. This log file will be located at C:\avenger.txt
  • The Avenger will also have backed up all the files, etc., that you asked it to delete, and will have zipped them and moved the zip archives to C:\avenger\backup.zip.
3. Please copy/paste the content of c:\avenger.txt into your reply.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
An issue with removing AntiVirus2009 DXwU4
An issue with removing AntiVirus2009 VvYDg

descriptionAn issue with removing AntiVirus2009 EmptyRe: An issue with removing AntiVirus2009

more_horiz
Since this issue has been addressed, a "solved" tag will be added and this topic will be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else, please open a new topic for your questions.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

An issue with removing AntiVirus2009 Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum