WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCrahes When Installing Softwares in Windows 7 EmptyCrahes When Installing Softwares in Windows 7

more_horiz
Some Windows 7 beta testers that are reporting installation errors with Windows Update and third-party applications.

These errors will commonly manifest as crashes of Explorer and MSI-based installers. These problems may be an issue related to the Customer Experience Improvement Program, or CEIP, client, which is also known as SQM.

If you are experiencing these these issues, there is a workaround that may resolve these problems. Please note, any machine that's currently not affected by this problem does not need this fix, nor will any future installations or upgrades require it.

Copy the following code to your clipboard:

Code:

reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions /va /f

Click Start >> Type in cmd >> Right click cmd and then select Run as administrator.

Right click on the cmd window's black area, then select paste. Press Enter, you should see a message stating The operation completed successfully.

This problem occurred when Microsoft deployed a configuration change. The above fix will remove those changes, the Registry keys, in order to prevent further CEIP related crashes. Microsoft has also removed this configuration change to that the issue does not occur in future builds and updates.

Click here for more Windows 7 Tutorials :: Register for free to ask questions regarding this tutorial or Windows 7.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Crahes When Installing Softwares in Windows 7 Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionCrahes When Installing Softwares in Windows 7 EmptyRe: Crahes When Installing Softwares in Windows 7

more_horiz
Thanks, this has been happening to me lately, finally i know how to fix it Big Grin

descriptionCrahes When Installing Softwares in Windows 7 EmptyRe: Crahes When Installing Softwares in Windows 7

more_horiz
Haven't had this issue during TP installs as yet and updates seem to go fine.

Have experienced TP App crashes upon usage though, with programs such as CCleaner etc, and various firewalls i have tested.........

Still looking for a decent software firewall for Win7 if anyone knows of one?

Regards

more_horiz
Kaspersky's built in Firewall for the Internet Security seems to work fine for me. Haven't tried others though.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
Are there many crashes/errors in Windows 7 Beta?

Crahes When Installing Softwares in Windows 7 Geekpolice-

more_horiz
InsanityVonMike wrote:
Are there many crashes/errors in Windows 7 Beta?

As far as now, I have not experienced many crashes. Rxcept when I used a Vista graphic driver... I was brushing too fast in Photoshop, and occurred with a blue screen with an error code pointing to my graphic driver, but everything is so far so good when I install the Windows 7 beta driver by nVidia.

Overall, I find it more stable than Vista. Some, but few softwares don't work though.

more_horiz
It would be really appreciated if you listed some or all of the softwares that are incapable of working correctly. You see, a friend of mine is thinking about downloading Windows 7 Beta but he's unsure how many errors there are and if it's better than vista in general. Also, are there crashes occuring when gaming etc?

more_horiz
There are a few I have tested which won't work correctly. SuperAntiSpyware, Sandbox and at times Search & Recover.

I don't really play games on my PC, but there should be no problem if you install the Windows 7 beta driver by nVidia.

If your friend is the 'geek' type, ask him to give it a try. But note that all Windows 7 versions expire in July.

more_horiz
Thanks for your help!
I'll talk to him but he's kinda lazy so I doubt that he will take the time to install it since it will expire in july.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum