From the beginning, Tweak UI reveals itself to be a tool for people confident using a computer. First, when you unzip the downloaded file, set which folder you want the files to live in or you may misplace them. Once you've located that folder, right-click on the file tweakui.inf and select Install from the context menu. You access the program as a control panel that lets you adjust all manner of Windows settings. For example, the Explorer tab lets you remove the arrow overlay and "Shortcut to" prefix on new desktop shortcuts. With the My Computer tab, you can redirect special folders such as My Music to the location of your choice.

The Windows shell-development team did some extra programming and put together a set of tools called Power Toys. If you're a power user, go ahead and try them out, but be forewarned that Power Toys aren't supported by Microsoft because they're not part of Windows. This group of "toys" lets you adjust your Windows user interface, including menu speed, window animation, and Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Direct Download: [Windows 95/98/NT/Me/2000]

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Tweak UI Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.