WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMemory EmptyMemory

more_horiz
My friend has a 256mb ram. I have a 512 that I am not using. I decided to give it to him. Can he use that with the 256 that he has or by itself?

............................................................................................

Memory Educat10

descriptionMemory EmptyRe: Memory

more_horiz
Moved from software.

It depends, some fussy motherboards don't allow different models of RAM. The main thing is that the RAM has to be the same speed.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Memory Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
go over that back for me plz...

is the 256 and the 512 the speed of the ram?

Memory Educat10

more_horiz
No, that is the memory, the speed is usually shown as PC3200 or 400MHz. What is the DDR of both the RAM?

Memory Lambo-11

more_horiz
What is DDR?

Memory Educat10

more_horiz
DDR = Double Data Rate, it is a certain kind of circuit in a RAM, there is DDR, DDR2 and DDR3.

Memory Lambo-11

more_horiz
ok... will check it out and get back to u...

Memory Educat10

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum