WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMassive headhack! EmptyMassive headhack!

more_horiz
Ok, i give up! Got a soft on ASTA but the freaking thing doesn't want to be installed!! 😕
It's the autocad 2009 in ISO, burned OK but when installing, popup window ask for the "DISK"!
Tried mounting it on virtual "E" and same thing happens, also had other error" error 2738, Could not access VBScript run time for custom action"?!
I know that some could install and some other! Well ya know the story.
Could i have a bug or missing REG somewhere with the installer?
Posted in the tread at ASTA and few guys have the same problem Suspect

Any recommendation guys?

TKS
Woody

............................................................................................

Use it or loose it!
But don't ever doubt about it!
That's it!

descriptionMassive headhack! EmptyRe: Massive headhack!

more_horiz
"error 2738, Could not access VBScript run time for custom action"

This error message indicates that the VBScript engine is not currently registered on the machine where the install/uninstall is taking place.

Resolution:

As a security measure, Windows Installer will not load script engines registered in HKEY_CURRENT_USER. As a user-writable store, a normal user could get an elevated install to run their library masking as a script engine if the custom action was not explicitly attributed with msidbCustomActionTypeNoImpersonate (0x0800).

This is an elevation of privileges attack; thus, Windows Installer returns error message 2738 or 2739 for custom actions type 6 and type 5, respectively, and returns Windows error 1603, ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE.

Check that vbscript.dll and jscript.dll aren't registered in HKEY_CURRENT_USER (HKCU), checking for the registry keys below.

* VBScript, HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{ B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}
* JScript, HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{ F414C260-6AC0-11CF-B6D1-00AA00BBBB58}

Remove these keys if they exist in HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

Also be sure that if you need to re-register vbscript.dll or jscript.dll, you run regsvr32.exe in an elevated console on Windows Vista and newer with UAC enabled; otherwise, you'll end up registering the runtimes in HKCU.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Massive headhack! Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Tks for the answer Doc, but i look in the HKCU and there is no keys like the one you ask me to remove.

Is there a way to now if the windows XP is running in normal configuration, like if somebody in my house played in the REG and erased some keys by mistake?
I was down to rebooting with the OS in the installation and try a XP repair from the disk but i have no clue as per if it is a virus or deleted keys from the REG.
I did a CHKDSK and pass with geeksquad, check CCleaner, deleted old softwares, Vundoo and scans etc,etc...

I don't know if a HJlog would help you to but i'm getting confused a bit!

Help again!
TKS

Use it or loose it!
But don't ever doubt about it!
That's it!

more_horiz
Well, you could post a Hijackthis Log in the Malware Removal & HJT log file analysis for me to check and see if it is the cause of the problem.

Another possbility of this problem would be the person who shared the software did not burn it properly resulting in the problem of not being able to install it properly.

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Massive headhack! Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum