WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWierd Malware and Anti Virus Software Popups :S - Page 1 EmptyRe: Wierd Malware and Anti Virus Software Popups :S

more_horiz
I don't think it's the AV.
If it's a school laptop, given to you for your use, it probably doesn't have admin rights.
You will need to talk to your teachers for that.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Wierd Malware and Anti Virus Software Popups :S - Page 1 DXwU4
Wierd Malware and Anti Virus Software Popups :S - Page 1 VvYDg

descriptionWierd Malware and Anti Virus Software Popups :S - Page 1 EmptyRe: Wierd Malware and Anti Virus Software Popups :S

more_horiz
Well ok you see. When I tried to install ComboFix. My AV stopped it. A message came up and said wierd activity from whatever whatever.

more_horiz
Oh.
Well we can use this tool to check for leftovers.

• Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
  • Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
  • Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<< will be maximized) and info.txt (<< will be minimized)

............................................................................................

more_horiz
Hey Bel, I finally got it to get ComboFix, but when I download it, it says You may not rename ComboFix as ComboFix(1)

more_horiz
Don't use combofix, use my above instructions for RSIT.

more_horiz
Due to lack of feedback, this topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else, please open a new topic for your questions.

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Wierd Malware and Anti Virus Software Popups :S - Page 1 Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum