WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionFirewall-Firewalls EmptyFirewall-Firewalls

more_horiz
Hi Friends,

I was here couple of weeks back when "Belahzur" helped me kill "backdoor.tideserv!inf"
I would like to know though, If I should install a firewall? Let me think
I have none at the moment, cannot find a good "free firewall" from the net. :hmm:
I use XP-Home-SP3, and Norton Antivirus

Also if certian firewalls interfere with P2P. I use Limewire and Utorrent for dowloading
MP3's and Movies. Cheesy Grin (sparkly

All expert recommendations will be appericiated. Thank You!

descriptionFirewall-Firewalls EmptyRe: Firewall-Firewalls

more_horiz
It would be more secure for you if you get a firewall. Here are 2 good free firewalls I would recommend.

Comodo Firewall:
http://www.download.com/Comodo-Firewall-Pro/3000-10435_4-10460704.html

ZoneAlarm Firewall:
http://www.download.com/ZoneAlarm-Firewall-Windows-2000-XP-/3000-10435_4-10039884.html

A firewall protects you against a number of different online threats:

• Hackers breaking into your computer.
  • Worms that spread from computer to computer over the internet.
  • Some firewalls block outgoing traffic that might originate from a virus infection.

Because the internet is a public network, any connected computer can find and connect to any other connected computer. A firewall is a barrier between the public internet and your private computer system. Think of it as a really paranoid bouncer who stops anyone coming into your computer if they’re not on the guest list. Remember that a firewall doesn't protect you against most viruses.

You should also refrain form downloading from P2P, as that's where a good number of malware come from.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Firewall-Firewalls Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Thanks DOC! Thank You!

I will take your advise and not use P2P Awesome (sparkly)

more_horiz
Glad you did. Also, remember to only have one firewall running on your system to prevent conflict. 😉

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Firewall-Firewalls Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum