WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCrashes EmptyCrashes

more_horiz
Recently i went to my friend's house to reformat his computer.

After reformating, installing languages, setting up network between computers, installing OFFICE softwares. i tried to install Realtek AC97 Audio into the computer as it was missing a Multimedia Audio Controller Driver.

I ignored the message where it tells me that the driver is not signed and pressed "continue anyway"
As soon as the installation bar is full. the computer screen suddenly turned black and no matter how i restart it the computer just wouldnt react.

I assumed that I crashed and i reformated it.

Anyone know what happen? Really wanna know so i won't repeat the same mistake.

descriptionCrashes EmptyRe: Crashes

more_horiz
I think what you installed was a graphics driver, and a wrong one.

I would like you to boot into safe mode by doing the following.

Restart your computer >> keep tapping the F8 key until you see a different screen. Select Safe Mode, perform a system restore to the time before installing the driver.

Tell me what is the hardware specs of his computer so that I can recommend a driver.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Crashes Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
erm. the thing is, i didn't install any graphic driver. according to the device manager, it already contains a driver. more information can be found in my other topic named, "Computer still hangs for a few seconds for no reason after reformating"

by the way, I've successfully installed the proper sound driver and it didn't crash. Thanks anyway doc! Smile...

but would u mind helping me out in my that other post i mentioned above?
these 2 topics relates to the same computer and the same friend of mine.

more_horiz
I will take a look at it. Right On!

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Crashes Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
thanks doc! XD

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum