WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionReset Windows Explorer Folder View Settings in Windows 7 EmptyReset Windows Explorer Folder View Settings in Windows 7

more_horiz
Reset Windows Explorer Folder View Settings in Windows 7 2zfsrwp

This tutorial will show you how to reset the Windows Explorer folder view settings to increase the folder view cache and have Windows 7 remember the view settings, size, or position of windows the previous time you closed them.

Open Folder Options >> Go to the View tab.

Reset Windows Explorer Folder View Settings in Windows 7 2cmvs5w

Click on Reset Folders >> Click Yes in the confirmation pop-up windows.

Reset Windows Explorer Folder View Settings in Windows 7 154er7k

Click OK to close Folder Options.
hit counter

descriptionReset Windows Explorer Folder View Settings in Windows 7 EmptyRe: Reset Windows Explorer Folder View Settings in Windows 7

more_horiz
This didn't fix anything for me. Suggestions?

descriptionReset Windows Explorer Folder View Settings in Windows 7 EmptyRe: Reset Windows Explorer Folder View Settings in Windows 7

more_horiz
Hello sampson, welcome to GeekPolice.

Try this, copy the following code into notepad:

Code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell]
"BagMRU Size"=dword:00004e20

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell]
"FolderType"="NotSpecified"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoSaveSettings"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoSaveSettings"=-

Save it as reset.reg. Execute reset.reg and see if it works.

more_horiz
Thanks for the welcome Inferno.

That didn't seem to make any changes either. Just to be a bit more specific, I have two main objectives here.

1. To have Windows remember window size.

Depending on what I'm looking at, often times I do not want a window to open as maximized. Sometimes all I need is a small window and a large one is overkill. Alternatively, there are other folders I wish to open as a maximized window. It would be incredibly helpful if Windows remembered this setting.

2. For each said window to remember the viewing options it was last set to. i.e. - List, Details, Tiles, etc...

more_horiz
To remember the Windows size, you have to close Windows Explorer using the File menu. File >> Close.

Unfortunately, you can't remember this setting for each specific folder, but you can remember it for Windows Explorer itself.

To remember the folder view settings, make sure you check the Remember each folder's view option in Folder Options.

more_horiz
Windows 7 doesn't have that option.

I have however figured out how to keep the view settings. Make sure there are no other open windows at all, press and hold Ctrl while you click File > Close on any window you want saved.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum