WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionDatabase Software EmptyDatabase Software

more_horiz
I'm planning on set up a new website where users can register, and hopefully good enough to host videos, audios and images, so I need a database software. I wouldn't mind a free one as long as it's good. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also, it would be great if you can provide me information on the necessary tools and procedures to set up a website and server. Thanks a lot.

............................................................................................

Database Software Segmen10

FunSubstance is the place to go for daily entertainment.

descriptionDatabase Software EmptyRe: Database Software

more_horiz
When planing a site of this scale, there are plenty of factors that needs to be taken into account.
Basically starting from the technology that has to be used to questions such as the server farms and the database design it requires.

One of the most important factors to look at here is Server capacity and Bandwidth, because this is going to help you evaluate the cost involved in setting up such a project.

The data transfer involved is surely going to cost you, so this is a very important aspect when calculating ROI.

Regarding Technology selection, you have either Microsoft or Apple Streaming Technology to choose from.

You can definitely start with a shared server to start with, a safe approach so as to say....

Some other dependant questions would be, what are the features that you are going to provide?
Are you going to provide features similar to that of Youtube? or is just that one can view videos alone?

How are you going to handle Copyright Violations?

How are you going to handle Moderations etc etc?

Either way, you definitely want to save both space and bandwidth.

A dedicated server is the way to go, internal if possible, but a pre-set up package with full support may be better to start off with.

Regards

more_horiz
All I need for the start would be to let people register, create their own page, and view some videos, image, audios and articles. Hopefully after some time I can let users upload their own videos and images. I'm planning on running on host until I start earning enough money then set up my own one. So now I need to know what server language/software to use so I can start learning and prepare before I setup the website.

............................................................................................

Database Software Segmen10

FunSubstance is the place to go for daily entertainment.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum