WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows Live OneCare Family Safety EmptyWindows Live OneCare Family Safety

more_horiz
A Friend of mine's parents recently installed this software on the computer...
Windows Live OneCare Family Safety
according the website, it moniters ur every move on the net.
My friend's kind of unhappy about it.

Is there any way or measures to take to NOT get monitered by the admin of the software from a User account running on vista?

I never used the software myself so i'm just using basic knowledge of softwares like this to post this topic to ask for help.
Hope anyone can help out my friend and I.

I hate being controlled in computers, being a limited account user (that sort of thing)
so i also dislike my friends being controlled over such stupid softwares like this even though it helps to keep a child save from threats.. etc.

descriptionWindows Live OneCare Family Safety EmptyRe: Windows Live OneCare Family Safety

more_horiz
u need to gain acess to the administrative account first.
In administrative account, go to control panel, Administrative Tools , services.
in services u see all the service in ur local computer. now, find windows live onecare and double click it, a window will pop up and enabling you to toggle with your start up type, set to manual or disable.

descriptionWindows Live OneCare Family Safety EmptyRe: Windows Live OneCare Family Safety

more_horiz
In most cases, this software is VERY hard to get rid of. However, I would think that it would be easy to remove if you boot into safe mode. In safe mode, there is an admin account that is not password protected. Get into there, and you should be able to uninstall it.

more_horiz
oooo.. thanks for the advice and help.

but what i really wanted to know is whether my friend could do whatever means to NOT be monitored by his parents. this include not uninstalling or whatever similar to the software that can cause his parents to know that he did something to the software.

He has admin access but he uses a user acc as his own. is there any way to allow the software to not monitor his account but monitor other accounts instead?

hope everyone knows what i'm talking about..

more_horiz
His parents are going to notice if he suddenly drops off of the grid. There is no way to keep them from seeing that it is not monitering him anymore.

more_horiz
Play them at their own game, ask your friend to add a few registry restrictions himself, make it near unusable for his parents. LMBO or ROFL

[okay, don't do that]

If it's just a 3rd party monitoring him, open task manager and stop the process? [if you can, run msconfig (startup tab) and turn it off altogether]

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Windows Live OneCare Family Safety DXwU4
Windows Live OneCare Family Safety VvYDg

more_horiz
That wouldnt work because it runs via a service.

more_horiz
Msconfig has a services tab too. LMBO or ROFL
Or run a simple bat script.

@echo off
sc stop servicenamegoeshere
sc delete servicenamegoeshere
exit

............................................................................................

more_horiz
oooo.. oh okay.. thanks alot guys!!! been a great help! I'll go tell my friend about it! thanks again!

more_horiz
Are you looking for a free solution? Because you can use vmware to trick it.

I tested it and it works...

more_horiz
Haha. Underhanded. LMBO or ROFL
Jerrys suggestion is much better than mine, more likely to keep you out of trouble with your parents.

more_horiz
Yah, if you kill the service the program may stop working completely.

I am fairly certen they would notice somthing if they got an error message like "Error 412: The Windows Live One Care Family Safty Service has is not running and cannot be found. Please reinstall the application to fix." Ha Ahahaha

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum