WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionStart Up Faster EmptyStart Up Faster

more_horiz
My Pc takes a while to start up. How can i make it start up faster? I'm using XP Sp3

............................................................................................

Start Up Faster Educat10

descriptionStart Up Faster EmptyRe: Start Up Faster

more_horiz
By disabling useless startup entries you can give a little boost. You can do this by:

Start >> Run >> msconfig >> go to the startup tab

Uncheck the softwares that you do not require at startup.

or

Try turning off the Search Indexing. Click Start, then Search. In the Search Window, in the left pane, click on the link for "Change Preferences"...then click on the link for "With Indexing Service (for faster local searches)". Tick the button next to "No, Do not enable Indexing Service" and click "Ok".

As for you case, you are currently in the process of removing malware. So malware may be the cause of it.

Installing too many things could also slow your system down.

Last edited by Doctor Inferno on 26th August 2008, 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Start Up Faster Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
I have some tutorial too, i'll try to find in some magazine.

Start Up Faster V45u80

more_horiz
i have removed the entries before i posted this and the index thing. Have read about those before.

I might be the malware prob. Thanx...

Start Up Faster Educat10

more_horiz
Usually this kind of problems is best solved by a clean install of windows

more_horiz
okok... but i'll lose all my programs and stuff...

Start Up Faster Educat10

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum