Incremental Backup with XCopy Command
A Incremental backup contains only those files which have been altered since the last full backup. The Xcopy command can be use to backup files alter since full backup also backup files that are newly created. I myself have a backup folder named My_Backups, which located within my user profile folder (C:\Users\FreeBooter), i use this folder to store files or programs that i will backup to my external hard disk drive. When i do manual backup that is where thinks get messy but thanks to Xcopy command i can do a backup of only newly created files and files have been modified.

To perform a incremental backups of your files follow below instructions.

1. Open the Command Prompt by clicking Start Menu --> All Programs --> Accessories, right-click on Command Prompt, and open it as an administrator. In Windows 8, 8.1 and  Windows 10 simply hold down the Incremental Backup with XCopy Command BxVxp04 + X keys and select the option “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.

Incremental Backup with XCopy Command RS4b5c0

2. Within Command Prompt execute following command:

Code:

Xcopy "C:\Users\FreeBooter\My_Backups"  "E:\Backups"  /c  /d  /e  /s  /i  /y

Replace "C:\Users\FreeBooter\My_Backups" folder path with your folder path that contains your files to be backup.
Replace "E:\Backups" folder path with any folder path that you want to backup files and folders that is store at "C:\Users\FreeBooter\My_Backups" folder.  

• The "C:\Users\FreeBooter\My_Backups" folder refer to as Source which specifies the file(s) to copy.
  • The "E:\Backups" folder  refer to as Destination which  specifies the location and/or name of new files.
  • The /c parameter continues copying even if errors occur.
  • The /d parameter copies files changed on or after the specified date. If no date is given, copies only those files whose source time is newer than the destination time.
  • The /e parameter copies directories and subdirectories, including empty ones.
  • The /s parameter copies directories and subdirectories except empty ones.
  • The /i parameter, if destination does not exist and copying more than one file, assumes that destination must be a directory.
  • The /y parameter suppresses prompting to confirm you want to overwrite an existing destination file.

You can view the Xcopy command parameter and there meanings by typing Xcopy  /? command.

Incremental Backup with XCopy Command 6JmaJKy