What was the reason for booting Windows into Safe Mode?
Do you get any error message?
Which method did you use to boot Windows 10 into Safe Mode?
Have you use the System Restore utility to restore your computer to a date when it was working?
Do you have Windows 10 Setup DVD?
I would like you to check the system integrity of your Windows OS installation.
- Please right click the Windows logo (formerly the start button) at the bottom left of your screen.
- Please select "Command Prompt (Admin)"
- Please type the following command and press the key: sfc /scannow (Please note that there is a space between 'sfc" and "/scannow".)
- It should take about 20 minutes to run, if there are no serious errors.
- If the System File Checker reports that some errors were fixed, but some remain; please reboot your computer and run the System File Checker from an Administrator Command Prompt, again.
- If the System File Checker again reports that some errors were fixed, but some remain, please reboot your computer and run it a third time.
- If "Resource Integrity Violations" (errors) are reported that could not be corrected, or were not corrected after a third SFC run, then please navigate to the folder: C:\Windows\Logs\CBS and copy the file "cbs.log" to your desktop immediately. I am asking you do that because that file is dynamic, so I want to be able to examine a copy that is unchanged from the time that the System File Checker was run.
- If there are errors that couldn't be corrected, let me know and I will provide you with instructions as to how to upload the file