WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHow can I remove dl client from my machine - Page 1 EmptyRe: How can I remove dl client from my machine

more_horiz
Ok, eset found one threat and deleted it, I don't see where to copy the llist of threats or export text file.

descriptionHow can I remove dl client from my machine - Page 1 EmptyRe: How can I remove dl client from my machine

more_horiz
That's ok. How's everything running now? Any other issues?

more_horiz
Dave, looks like everything is working fine now. I had an FLV file converter that I had downloaded from the Softtonic site so it was probably bundled with adware, maybe why it was removed The desktop icon has changed and when I click on it I get a message saying it has changed or moved. Is there anyway of getting this back, or maybe you know where I can download one minus the malware. Otherwise everything looks good.
Thanks

more_horiz
Is there anyway of getting this back, or maybe you know where I can download one minus the malware. Otherwise everything looks good.

You can probably download it from Major Geeks website. Everything there is safe. Just do a search for it.

Click Start> Computer> right click the C Drive and choose Properties> enter
Click Disk Cleanup from there.

How can I remove dl client from my machine - Page 1 Diskcleanup2

Click OK on the Disk Cleanup Screen.
Click Yes on the Confirmation screen.

How can I remove dl client from my machine - Page 1 Diskcleanup

This runs the Disk Cleanup utility along with other selections if you have chosen any. (if you had a lot System Restore points, you will see a significant change in the free space in C drive)
This step will remove all cleaning tools we used, it'll reset restore points (so you won't get reinfected by accidentally using some older restore point) and it'll make some other minor adjustments...
This is a very crucial step so make sure you don't skip it.
Download DelFix by Xplode to your desktop. Delfix will delete all the used tools and logfiles.

Double-click Delfix.exe to start the tool.
Make sure the following items are checked:

• Activate UAC (optional; some users prefer to keep it off)
  • Remove disinfection tools
  • Create Registry backup
  • Purge System Restore Points
  • Re-set system settings

Now click "Run" and wait patiently.
Once finished a logfile will be created. You don't have to attach it to your next reply.
I suggest using WOT - Web of Trust. WOT is a free Internet security addon for your browser. It will keep you safe from online scams, identity theft, spyware, spam, viruses and unreliable shopping sites. WOT warns you before you interact with a risky website. It's easy and it's free.

Check out Keeping Yourself Safe On The Web for tips and free tools to help keep you safe in the future.

Also see Slow Computer? It may not be Malware for free cleaning/maintenance tools to help keep your computer running smoothly.
Safe Surfing!

more_horiz
Dave, I guess I spoke too soon.  The dlclient box just popped up, killed my sound in the middle of a recording project.  It seems to happen when I play Youtubes, especially if I download anything using Download Helper.  I guess I can live with this if we can't fix it, but it sure plays havoc with my recording interface, because when I click to kill the box, it drags my system sound slider all the way down to mute.  It takes a minute before it drags down the volume so I have to wait for it, pull it back up and resume recording.

I will follow up on your last instructions in a bit, need to finish this recording project before dl client pops up. Maybe your final instructions will fix it. I think the problem is not so much the dl client stopping, but Windows wanting to tell me about it. Maybe the warning could just be disabled.

more_horiz
Ok. Ran the disk cleanup, did all but remove the tools, thought we might still need them, dl client box is still popping up killing my system sound. Checked Devicd Manager, the yellow triangle with the exclaimation mark is back, says unknown device.
The only new device I'm using on this laptop is a new camera that is only plugged in when I need to transfer AVIs to my harddrive, and my Personus AudioBox recording interface, which is always plugged in. I think the AuidoBox uses ASSIO drivers. I'm afraid to mess with driver updates because I need this device to do my job, but I have a feeling this may be a driver issue

more_horiz
That appears to be your problem. I'm afraid I can't help much with it except to tell you to try to update the driver for that device.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum