WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionFile Server-Windows Server EmptyFile Server-Windows Server

more_horiz
So, not sure if i have the right Forum or not. However, I will give it a shot. Smile...

So, with many school networks and corporate networks, you have multiple servers, including a file server or Active Directory. Now, my school, for example, when you log into ANY computer on the school's network, and then click on "My Computer", you will see your very own storage drive (usually S:\) that is on the server. This is where you can store your files and access them from any computer on the network. Its dedicated 200GB to each student. The title of the drive is as follows: "S:\John.Smith" Each student has their own and no user can access another user's drive space.

So, with that out of the way, here is my question. How do I set that up? How can I create dedicated drive space to each network user so that when they log on, no matter what computer they log into, their drive space on the server is already mapped to them and ready for them to access?

I already have a file server established, however, it is not doing what I want it to. Do I have to do this through Active Directory?

Thanks, C
Chris

descriptionFile Server-Windows Server EmptyRe: File Server-Windows Server

more_horiz
That's a question that should be asked at the school.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum