WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionPossible Registry Problem Can't Install Software EmptyPossible Registry Problem Can't Install Software

more_horiz
Not sure where this thread should go.  Mods please move it if in the wrong forum.

I've recently bought some software I can not install,  The software is: 3DXchange by Reallusion.  After buying this software online the company sent me the serial number (key) and an exe file for installation.  When I run through the installation wizard I get a message that says, "A Previously installed version of 3DXchange is detected.  That I need to uninstall all previous versions of 3DXchange and restart the installation.  I did have a trial version of the software on my machine, so I uninstalled it.

However, when I tried the install again I get the same message.  I contact Reallusion and they say I probably still have some files in my Registry that are stopping the install.  They advise I run a registry cleaner

I don't like registry cleaners, but I still had CCleaner on my machine, and it was recommended by you guys so I figured it was safe.  So I ran the CCleraner, and it removed about 30K of files.

Still the installation wizard says I have a previously installed version on my machine.

Again I contact Reallusion, so they send me THEIR registry cleaner.  When I try to run it is gives me a message saying, Access Denied.

This was a very expensive program and before I start procedures to dispute the credit card charge, I thought I would check with you guys for any ideas. I'm running Windows 7

descriptionPossible Registry Problem Can't Install Software EmptyRe: Possible Registry Problem Can't Install Software

more_horiz
You can disregard this. Figured it out.
Thanks
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum