WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

BACK DOOR BOT OR TROJAN

2 posters

descriptionBACK DOOR BOT OR TROJAN  - Page 2 EmptyRe: BACK DOOR BOT OR TROJAN

more_horiz
I am glad you are checking with your colleagues. If the Comodo is just trying to scare people such as myself and sell us things that is not right. I have never had a something like this happen before. My opinion would be that if Comodo is creating these results in order to sell something they should not be highly recommended any more.

Hi Karen, as I suspected those are false-positives from Comodo on your display drivers which is crazy. I would suggest that you dump Comodo and put something like ZoneAlarm free AV and Firewall on your computer.

more_horiz
Hi Super Dave:

Well I tried five times to download Zone Alarm AV and Firewall. It would start to go through the process of downloading and then I would get a message telling me to try later. The message said the download was corrupted or something. I am discouraged about this. I had removed Comodo prior to trying to download the Zone Alarm. I have no choice right now but to reload the Comodo. I can not be without protection. What do you think about putting those four items into the IGNORE area of Comodo?
For future scans those items would be ignored. You indicate the items are false positives so would that cause me any harm or risk?

Thanks,
Karen

more_horiz
I can not be without protection. What do you think about putting those four items into the IGNORE area of Comodo?
For future scans those items would be ignored. You indicate the items are false positives so would that cause me any harm or risk?

You could always use the Windows Firewall of just ignore those four items. The choice is yours.

more_horiz
Hi Super Dave:

As stated before I could not load Zone Alarm. I did redo Comodo for the firewall and antivirus. I have run two scans. The first scan picked up two things. The second scan picked up five things. In both cases all items were cleaned/quaranteened (sic). It appears that the four items are not back.

I am assuming I am clean and clear now. I think if those four items ever pop up again I will ask for the IGNORE in Comodo. What do you think?

Thanks,
Karen

more_horiz
I am assuming I am clean and clear now. I think if those four items ever pop up again I will ask for the IGNORE in Comodo. What do you think?

I would say that the computer is clean. I've been using Comodo for over two years with no such problems. If it did start acting up, I would dump it in a heartbeat. You could always download ZoneAlarm on another computer and transfer it to your computer.

more_horiz
Hi Super Dave:

OK. Thanks for everything. My husband has an appointment this coming Wednesday for his heart. Once we have that behind us I am going to take some time to go over that final list of things you had regarding suggestions for staying safe and keeping my computer at its best.

I appreciate everything you have done for me.

Take care,
Karen

more_horiz
You're welcome. I hope everything turns out ok for your husband.

more_horiz
Hi Super Dave:

I hope you are still there. Yesterday and today I have tried to install new Microsoft updates. The KB2698023 item will not install. I keep getting an error message about it.

Here are some of hte items I am getting:

Failed Updates
For help installing an update successfully, see the solution under each problem description.
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB2698023)

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB2698023)
A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.
How to Uninstall
This software update can be removed via Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.
Get help and support
http://support.microsoft.com
-----------

Did we do something to my computer that prevents me from downloading this update? I have never had this happen before. I tried to repeatedly download the item after rebooting. Are other people complaining about this? Is it a Microsoft problem?

Thanks,
Karen

more_horiz
Did we do something to my computer that prevents me from downloading this update?

That happens sometimes when cleaning a computer. Please try this.

•Please download Dial-A-Fix from one of the following mirrors:

Primary mirror
Secondary mirror

•Extract the zip file to your desktop.

•Double click Dial-a-Fix.exe to start the program. Dial-A-Fix might give you a lot errors, just ignore them and Click
BACK DOOR BOT OR TROJAN  - Page 2 OK to continue.

•Press the green double checkmark box (Looks like this:
BACK DOOR BOT OR TROJAN  - Page 2 Checkmark

UNcheck Empty Temp Folders, as well as Adjust Time/Date in the prep section. The prep section should then look like this:

BACK DOOR BOT OR TROJAN  - Page 2 Ncheck

BACK DOOR BOT OR TROJAN  - Page 2 Window

•Click on Go

•Wait for Dial-A-Fix to finish (All the checks marks will be all gone)

•Close Dial-A-Fix

more_horiz
Hi Super DAve:

Well I did the Dial A Fix, actually twice. Tried to install the KB2698023 andn had no luck. The Microsoft Update seems to move along nicely and then finishes giving me an error that the install has failed. I ahve tried to use my Baseline Analayzer to give me help. No luck there. BA scans my computer and lets me know that KB2698023 is missing. Trying to download the update from BA does not work either. Is this a Microsoft thing? Are others complaining about this on the internet? I see some postings when I Google that I can not download KB2698023. The postings say things about framework 1.1 or something. The positings have elaborate and complicated work arounds to download this update.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Karen

more_horiz
Please take a look at some of these sites to see if it will help.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum