WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionBigdadsearch - pc novice needs help removing - Page 1 EmptyRe: Bigdadsearch - pc novice needs help removing

more_horiz
# AdwCleaner v2.002 - Logfile created 09/18/2012 at 11:34:45
# Updated 16/09/2012 by Xplode
# Operating system : Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (32 bits)
# User : Melissa - DD9CMPB1
# Boot Mode : Normal
# Running from : C:\Documents and Settings\Melissa\Desktop\adwcleaner.exe
# Option [Search]

***** [Services] *****

***** [Files / Folders] *****

***** [Registry] *****

***** [Internet Browsers] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v8.0.6001.18702

[OK] Registry is clean.

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v15.0.1 (en-US)

Profile name : default
File : C:\Documents and Settings\Melissa\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\1jlll0ge.default\prefs.js

Found : user_pref("extensions.ntk.recentClosedPers", "hxxp://www.GeekPolice.net/t29012p15-bigdadsearch-pc-no[...]

-\\ Google Chrome v21.0.1180.89

File : C:\Documents and Settings\Melissa\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences

[OK] File is clean.

AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [34306 octets] - [17/09/2012 17:01:35]
AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [1066 octets] - [18/09/2012 11:34:45]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [1126 octets] ##########

descriptionBigdadsearch - pc novice needs help removing - Page 1 EmptyRe: Bigdadsearch - pc novice needs help removing

more_horiz
Any more issues?

We need to know any other issues that are plaguing your computer. Kindly give a summary so we know how to continue from here.

Many of the things to note for us would be:

• Slow computer
  • Error messages
  • Fake antivirus alerts or the icon in the system tray
  • svchost.exe running at 100%
  • System crashes or blue screen of death

more_horiz
Bigdadsearch is still there. Sad tearing

I don't have any other issues with the computer. This is the only one.
svchost.exe is running normal.
No fake alerts or icons.
No system crashes, either.
The computer does run slow, but I figured it was because its quite old.

more_horiz

• Download OTLPENet.exe to your desktop
  • Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.
  • Ensure that you have a blank CD in the drive
  • Double click OTLPENet.exe and this will then open imgburn to burn the file to CD
  • Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.

Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here

• As the CD needs to detect your hardware and load the operating system, I would recommend a nice cup of tea whilst it loads Bigdadsearch - pc novice needs help removing - Page 1 Smiley
  • Your system should now display a Reatogo desktop.

Note : as you are running from CD it is not exactly speedy

• Insert the flash drive with FRST on it
  • Locate the flash drive and run FSRT
  • The tool will start to run.

Bigdadsearch - pc novice needs help removing - Page 1 FRST2

• When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button. It will do its scan and save a log on your flash drive.
  • Close out of the message after that, then type in the text services.exe in to the "Search:" text box. Then, press the Search file(s) button, just as below:
    Bigdadsearch - pc novice needs help removing - Page 1 Frst2
    When done searching, FRST makes a log, Search.txt, on the C:\ drive or on your flash drive.
  • Type exit in the Command Prompt window and reboot the computer normally
  • FRST will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive and also the search.txt logfile, please copy and paste the logs in your reply.

more_horiz
Just wanted to update - I haven't been able to do this last step as I do not have a flash drive or blank cd's. I'm working on that, though!

more_horiz
Whoa. Should've told me that. Let's do the following, please:

Please download Hitman Pro

• After the download completes please double click the program to run it.
  • Accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next
  • Let the scan run. It will not take long
  • When the scan finishes, and all the files have been uploaded to the Scan Cloud, click Next
  • Click Next again. At the bottom left you will see Export Scan Results To XML File. Click that and save it in a convenient location
  • Upload log.xml here for review please

avast! aswMBR

Please download aswMBR from here

• Save aswMBR.exe to your Desktop
  • Double click aswMBR.exe to run it
  • Uncheck "Trace disk IO calls".
  • Click the Scan button to start the scan as illustrated below

Bigdadsearch - pc novice needs help removing - Page 1 AswMBR_Scan
Note: Do not take action against any **Rootkit** entries until I have reviewed the log. Often there are false positives.

• Once the scan finishes click Save log to save the log to your Desktop
    Bigdadsearch - pc novice needs help removing - Page 1 AswMBR_SaveLog
  • Copy and paste the contents of aswMBR.txt back here for review
  • Please also find MBR.dat on your Desktop, and rename it to MBR.txt. Upload that as well. Do not copy and paste MBR.dat/txt, it needs to be uploaded.

more_horiz
DragonMaster Jay wrote:
Whoa. Should've told me that. Let's do the following, please:
\

Sorry - staying at my moms house while the Mr. is deployed and I don't have all my computer stuff with me. In a reeaaaallllly small town right now. Working on the above. Thanks for putting up with me.

Melissa

more_horiz
For HitMan Pro this: Export Scan Results To XML File was not there. I even did it twice and it wouldn't allow me to save a log. So I scanned a third time, and it came up with a bunch of stuff so I went through it all and fixed it. :o/ I messed up on this one because I know there should be a log somewhere.

aswMBR version 0.9.9.1665 Copyright(c) 2011 AVAST Software
Run date: 2012-10-20 17:35:44
-----------------------------
17:35:44.968 OS Version: Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
17:35:44.968 Number of processors: 2 586 0x407
17:35:44.984 ComputerName: DD9CMPB1 UserName: Melissa
17:36:36.453 Initialize success
17:38:48.671 AVAST engine defs: 12102001
17:41:07.968 Disk 0 (boot) \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 -> \Device\Ide\IAAStorageDevice-0
17:41:07.968 Disk 0 Vendor: ST332063 3.AD Size: 305245MB BusType: 3
17:41:08.203 Disk 0 MBR read successfully
17:41:08.203 Disk 0 MBR scan
17:41:08.531 Disk 0 unknown MBR code
17:41:08.578 Disk 0 Partition 1 00 DE Dell Utility Dell 8.0 47 MB offset 63
17:41:08.625 Disk 0 Partition 2 80 (A) 07 HPFS/NTFS NTFS 300300 MB offset 96390
17:41:08.671 Disk 0 Partition 3 00 DB CP/M / CTOS Dell 8.0 4894 MB offset 615112785
17:41:08.937 Disk 0 scanning sectors +625137345
17:41:09.453 Disk 0 scanning C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
17:44:51.062 Service scanning
17:46:53.390 Service SysPlant C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Drivers\SysPlant.sys **LOCKED** 32
17:46:53.843 Service Teefer2 C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\teefer2.sys **LOCKED** 32
17:47:02.250 Service WPS C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wpsdrvnt.sys **LOCKED** 32
17:47:02.671 Service WpsHelper C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\WpsHelper.sys **LOCKED** 32
17:47:07.609 Modules scanning
17:47:49.640 AVAST engine scan C:\WINDOWS
17:48:17.125 AVAST engine scan C:\WINDOWS\system32
18:06:35.375 AVAST engine scan C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
18:08:02.593 AVAST engine scan C:\Documents and Settings\Melissa
18:29:26.250 AVAST engine scan C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
19:03:52.250 Disk 0 MBR has been saved successfully to "C:\Documents and Settings\Melissa\Desktop\MBR.dat"
19:03:52.328 The log file has been saved successfully to "C:\Documents and Settings\Melissa\Desktop\aswMBR.txt"

more_horiz
how do I upload MBR.txt?

more_horiz
Go to www.mediafire.com - upload the file and post download link here...

more_horiz
http://www.mediafire.com/?ta8cowc87qkl2y8

more_horiz
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool

The Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool is a scan-and-remove solution from Kaspersky that searches out the most common malware and attempts to remove it from your computer.

Please download the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool from [URL='http://www.kaspersky.com/antivirus-removal-tool?form=1']Kaspersky's Official Link[/URL] and save it to your Desktop.

• Double-click the Setup file to install it on your computer.
  • Once it has installed, review and accept the agreement and press the Start button.
  • You will presented with the main interface, but don't scan yet, click the options tab (gear icon):
    Bigdadsearch - pc novice needs help removing - Page 1 Image1nz
  • On the Scan Scope tab, make sure to checkmark all the options, except for the CD/DVD drive:
    Bigdadsearch - pc novice needs help removing - Page 1 Image2pmb
  • On the Security Level tab, make sure to move the slider up denoting "Current Security Level: High":
    Bigdadsearch - pc novice needs help removing - Page 1 Image3vd
  • Now, go back to the Automatic Scan tab, and choose "Start Scanning". It may take several hours to complete. Please allow it to do so.
  • Once done scanning, choose the Report tab (page icon), select Detected Threats tab on left, and choose Disinfect All:
    Bigdadsearch - pc novice needs help removing - Page 1 Image5mf
  • Then, choose Save. Also, in the Automatic Report tab, select Save:
    Bigdadsearch - pc novice needs help removing - Page 1 Image4vy
  • Please post the reports in your next reply.
  • Once you exit, the tool should uninstall automatically.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum